Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need advice flow from tank to pump

not sure exactly what you mean but the weight of the water will push water out of the hose before it gets to pump not fast but that is what the pump is for . If you are not getting water out of the hose before the pump you must have a blockage

is the tap open full have u knocked it or anything ?

did you leave it run down low ? may be air block ?

Iv got over half tank it's nt blocked and I haven't turned it off the flow comes out if I put pipe at angle but as soon as I raise it slightly it doesn't flow. Iv been on hours tryin to fathom it out as it has been working ok for ages now so can't understand why it stopped

if you raise you pipe above the height of the water then it wont flow but if it is below water it has to flow

Have you got an inline filter, and is it blocked?

And if you unplug the pipe from your pump to your hose reel, is water coming out of there OK?

Process of elimination......abit more deailed, comprehensive info or pix might help....

It's nothing to do with the pump it keeps struggling reaching the pump

Would make any difference if rubber seal on tank cap isn't on?

Would make any difference if rubber seal on tank cap isn't on?
no, water is coming out so slowly it shouldn't cause a problem. you can tell if it is creating a vacuum, cus when open tank lid you'd hear the air rushing in.

most tank lids are vented also.... but you will tell when open lid either way.

we had problems when filling, we fill tank from IBC at about 100 litres an hour, nearly blew our old tank up!

Back