Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

opions

steve garwood

ginger lion
I've cleaned many, many conservatory roofs without issue, however, I have a roof to clean that's an absolute mare.

Its polycarbonate that's overhung by trees and the sheets are literally black.

I've done it twice before. Once using a karcher pressure washer (I know), and once using a strong mix of virosol. Both times took me forever and my shoulders took a pounding. Neither times left a great finish, although the customer was happy.

So what I'm wondering, is how would using hypo work out? Your opinions or ideas please on what mix or if its a bad idea.

I think many people on here talk about hypo and don't know enough about it. Proceed with caution.

First what is the 'black' stuff?

Second, have you googled it to see if there is something less nasty to remove it?

Lastly, conservatory ladder, bucket of hot water and heavy flash floor cleaner and scrubbing brush.

Good luck with it.

Maybe try whats been suggested before, spray with Algon a week before you clean it, supposed to help break down algae n stuff? Maybe wont work, Ive never tried it.

I think many people on here talk about hypo and don't know enough about it. Proceed with caution.
First what is the 'black' stuff?

Second, have you googled it to see if there is something less nasty to remove it?

Lastly, conservatory ladder, bucket of hot water and heavy flash floor cleaner and scrubbing brush.

Good luck with it.
There are two sides to this roof and the side facing the trees is much worse. So the black stuff is something to do with the trees.

I second algon

It works it's magic I've pretreated roofs with it few days before and the algae just slid off

Infact when I returned it was already a lot cleaner

:eek::eek: Mother of God! :eek::eek:

I have never seen one like that.. Holy Birch trees Batman!

That looks like a coating that is perishing, not dirt piling up.

I would go with a heavy bleach mix, key being to keep it wet at all times, and keep it moving.

Wet the roof, apply bleach, agitate, wait 5 mins, repeat and then again and again.

Only do 4 - 5 panels a time as you don't want them to dry.

This is a job that I fear is all labor, no shortcut here. I hope you billed well, I would be asking at least a day & half to know I have time to finish it well.

Good luck.

We could all do a panel each with our own methods of attack and a prize for the winner :rofl:

I'd prob go with dynamite

Although not normal for me i would want to try a panel with my chosen chemicals before i gave a quote, otherwise you could be seriously under quoting.

I presume you say that with a hint of sarcasm??? If not trev, and you really would love a go, what would you use?
I dunno on that one mate, I'd maybe price up some new poly roof panels and offer to change them for a good price /emoticons/smile.png

I done a fibreglass car port as black as that yesterday, I used the turbo on it and it came up like new. The guy with me was cleaning the pvc and put TFR on it and he said it rubbed off with his finger

Back