Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Comprehensive List of Prices

Brandon

Since one of the most asked questions on this forum is "how much for this..?" I think a big list of prices you guys charge, based on area, hourly rate, type of house etc would be very helpful for newbies and experts to use as a reference. This may or may not have been tried before but I know it will helps some so lets see how it goes.

Hopefully if it turns out to be quite useful it can be pinned to the top of the chit chat page?

So anyway, you guys post what you charge and I'll try and update the list as often as I can. I live in the south west and I'll post what I roughly charge, once we get a few more I'll take an average and update.

Trad Window Cleaning

Price per hour

• London:
  • South West:
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales:

Price per window

• London:
  • South West:
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales:

Price per house

• London: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £
  • South West: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £
  • Midlands: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £
  • North: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £
  • Wales: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £

WFP Window Cleaning

Price per hour

• London:
  • South West: £25-30
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales: £30

Price per window

• London:
  • South West: £1
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales: £1

Price per house

• London: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £
  • South West: Average 3 bed semi: £12 Average 3 bed detached: £15-20 Average terrace front: £10
  • Midlands: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £
  • North: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £
  • Wales: Average 3 bed semi: £12 Average 3 bed detached: £18 Average terrace front: £8

Gutter Cleaning

Price per hour

• London:
  • South West: £50
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales:

Price per meter

• London:
  • South West: £5
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales:

Price per house

• London: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front&back: £
  • South West: Average 3 bed semi: £90 Average 3 bed detached: £120 Average terrace front&back: £55
  • Midlands: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front&back: £
  • North: Average 3 bed semi: £ Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front&back: £
  • Wales: Average 3 bed semi: £30 Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front&back: £

Gutter/Fascia/Soffit Cleaning

Price per hour

• London:
  • South West: £30-50
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales:

Price per meter

• London:
  • South West: £ 2.00-3.00
  • Midlands:
  • North:
  • Wales:

Price per house

• South West: Average 3 bed semi: £45 Average 3 bed detached: £60 Average terrace front:£30
  • Wales: Average 3 bed semi: £20 Average 3 bed detached: £ Average terrace front: £

Pressure Washing

Price per hour

• London: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • South West: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • Midlands: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • North: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • Wales: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £

Price per square meter

• London: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • South West: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • Midlands: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • North: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £
  • Wales: Block Paving: £ Patio Slabs: £ Concrete: £ Tarmac: £

Softwashing

Don't know anything about softwashing so enlighten me and I'll update!:thumbsup:

Conservatory Roof Cleaning

Price per panel

• London: Glass: £ Polycarb: £
  • South West: Glass: £10.00 Polycarb: £
  • Midlands: Glass: £ Polycarb: £
  • North: Glass: £ Polycarb: £
  • Wales: Glass: £5 Polycarb: £

Price per conservatory

• London: Small: £ Medium: £ Large: £
  • South West: Small: £50-80 Medium: £80-120 Large: £120-150
  • Midlands: Small: £ Medium: £ Large: £
  • North: Small: £ Medium: £ Large: £
  • Wales: Small: £ Medium: £ Large: £

Solar Panel Cleaning

Price per panel

• London: Residential: £ Commercial: £
  • South West: Residential: £5.00 Commercial: £
  • Midlands: Residential: £ Commercial: £
  • North: Residential: £ Commercial: £
  • Wales: Residential: £ Commercial: £

Last edited by a moderator:
Swansea, wales

£30 ph

£1 window, £1.50 french doors, £1 bay + 50p for ever additional time up ladder

Connys - 50p a section

Gutter clean- £20 outside & 25-30 in and out

Conny roof, £5 per pane + £10 on top

Avg 2 bed council house 6-9

3 bed council house 8-15

Avg private house - 10-25

Swansea, wales£30 ph

£1 window, £1.50 french doors, £1 bay + 50p for ever additional time up ladder

Connys - 50p a section

Gutter clean- £20 outside & 25-30 in and out

Conny roof, £5 per pane + £10 on top

Avg 2 bed council house 6-9

3 bed council house 8-15

Avg private house - 10-25
Cheers mate, updated :thumbsup:

when you say £25-30 gutter clean, what size house is that?

Ill have a go seen as im bored lol

North

Price per hour - £30

Price per window - N/A (never quoted per window)

Average 3 bed semi £12, 3 bed Detached £14, Terrace front £6

Gutter clean £20 per side

Gutter clearance £20 per side

Conny roof £30-£40 ish

Yeah so we all put our average prices per area so the competition know's what to charge

People have to do some of the thinking themselves not be spoonfed everything

We all have different expectations and hourly rates

What you need to do if not sure on price is divide your hourly rate by 60 to get you rate per minute

Then multiply the amount of time you think the job will take by that figure and you have your answer

Agree with Dave.

The idea of database with average prices is a nice idea but I would not like to share private info about my prices on a forum I have enuff trouble with under cutters keeping me on my toes as it is.

To be honest I have never known an industry like window cleaning to talk so openly about what they earn and charge.

There is a guy undercutting at the moment round here

Giraffe or something like that

Mark the tradder has lost 4 in the last couple of weeks to him

I always overcut most windys round here lol

Try undercutting my work, its that spread out you would find it difficult.

With regards the prices, i dont think this thread is needed as all the info is on here if you search, thought id contribute for the sake of it mind.

I know of Giraffe his been around a while did'nt think he was like that but he seems to be going for a big push a gaining work at the min.

Had a lad that works for one of the national and who does a bit of moonlighting on the side go in to a resturaunt in town and go in at a ridiculously low price and now they are being difficult and trying to play me off

The job one way or the other will now be gone by the end of the month.

I know of Giraffe his been around a while did'nt think he was like that but he seems to be going for a big push a gaining work at the min.
Had a lad that works for one of the national and who does a bit of moonlighting on the side go in to a resturaunt in town and go in at a ridiculously low price and now they are being difficult and trying to play me off

The job one way or the other will now be gone by the end of the month.
That giraffe sounds like a pain in the neck /emoticons/biggrin.png

I can't really add to the list as my prices are very mood dependant, and how the customer comes over to me, also how they came to get in touch with me. I also look at the type of house and you must all know that sometimes one house with the same number of windows seems soooo much more of a breeze than the other.

Who has a fair few on the books that you just hate doing as there under priced but ones you have had for ages and you just cant bring yourself to the hassle of upping them as you risk loosing them? I have a good few like that.

As time goes on you find the sweet spot just like any sport, you can tell within seconds what you want from that particular job, I think thats the best advice I can give, if we all ran by set prices the job would become a little boring and lack earning potential, my prices are way variant but thats just how it's gone for me.

I like to work to a min of £30 a hour on domestics and I do that most of the time, but thats a mix of 1 hour I did £45, the one before perhaps only £20 odd due to travel, talking etc. But at the end of the day I'm happy with what i earn out of my weeks work.

I like to play the game with commercial and go in to them far higher, bit like placing a bet, if I get it it's a win, if I don't oh well it's no loss.

There is a guy undercutting at the moment round hereGiraffe or something like that

Mark the tradder has lost 4 in the last couple of weeks to him
I know the guy from Giraffe. I used to work with him years ago (before I was window cleaning) and he had a connection to my wife's side of the family at one point. I hadn't seen him for years until a few months ago when we were working a couple of doors down from each other. I didn't recognise him but he recognised me and we had a quick chat. I've bumped into him a few times since then and always speak to him. I've got to say, l didn't think he was like that but who knows. He has been pushing the Facebook advertising round here lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back