Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Bit of Help Needed for Conservatory roof pricing...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neilmnwc

Hi,

Firstly, I don't post very often, but read often. Some good ideas which have helped me out loads. Cheers.

I've been using Wfp for conservatory roof cleans and charging £25, which frankly seems a joke when they are minging. Thankfully they're often lumped into a fascia clean which eases the loss.

I got fed up and have started charging £35 for a not too dirty average 3 side glass roof which still seems cheap, but the custy balked. I didn't get the job. Do I need to dig my heels in and raise the price. If it's any help I'm in South Lincs. thanks lads.

Folk round here have got too used to dirt cheap, to the point they don't value the time/effort. I'm going to stick to my guns and increase them rather than feel like I'm doing it for free. Cheers.

I charge 5 a panel, if they not happy i walk away. If there minging ill also add a tenner for the extra work. Also have a minimum of £30

The thing with conny roofs is how much do you clean? Just the panels, panels and struts, panels, struts and finial, panels struts, finial and end struts, panels, struts, finial, end struts and end caps, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps and gutter, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps, gutter and frames, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps, gutter, frames and windows, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps, gutter, frames, windows and sill.

I start at 45 and aim as high as possible based on what I think customer will pay. Prefer to sell full conservatory clean to be honest. If the roofs bad the sides gutters and frames will be as well most often. worse they are more I charge, but the better the result looks. Customers are usually well impressed when the results are so obvious. 40+ an hour easily achieved on miging ones.

The thing with conny roofs is how much do you clean? Just the panels, panels and struts, panels, struts and finial, panels struts, finial and end struts, panels, struts, finial, end struts and end caps, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps and gutter, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps, gutter and frames, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps, gutter, frames and windows, panels, struts, finial, end struts, end caps, gutter, frames, windows and sill.

I clean everything from the finial to the struts including the plastic trim and end caps prior to the guttering.

call it the whole conny and throw an extra few quid on, i usually give two options -roof and full... and lean them to the full wash, as "while its wet it'll come out nice and clean" /emoticons/smile.png

Hi,Firstly, I don't post very often, but read often. Some good ideas which have helped me out loads. Cheers.

I've been using Wfp for conservatory roof cleans and charging £25, which frankly seems a joke when they are minging. Thankfully they're often lumped into a fascia clean which eases the loss.

I got fed up and have started charging £35 for a not too dirty average 3 side glass roof which still seems cheap, but the custy balked. I didn't get the job. Do I need to dig my heels in and raise the price. If it's any help I'm in South Lincs. thanks lads.
Contact one of your competitors "Thomas Sanderson" and see what they charge, that will help you price them more in line /emoticons/wink.png

As for cleaning, I use the my trad gear on a conny roof. I also throw a thin green scourer on there, using the dolly to scrub with it. Maybe do that on the dirtier connies? Or buy a cheap brush head just for the conny jobs? When I upgrade, i will probably use my old one.

Back