Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vinegar on applicator

Posh

Got to my 1st clean today where a rose bush grows by the window. Usually use this stuff I have to get it off but having cleaned the Astra out yesterday forgot to put stuff in. So's set me thinking. What I did was pour a small amount of vinegar on my applicator with soap and it came off a treat. Not only that I also noticed that during the day my windows were IAbsolutly sparkling with this method & yes there's more, your squeegee glides over the window with the minimum of effort. Will be doing this each morning now. Thought I'd share this bit of good fortune with you & maybe try it. Do NOT do of you can't stand smell of vinegar but that goes after a couple of minutes. Just pour a small amount the length of your applicator.

Dd you only put it on in the morning or throughout the day, there a windy near me aka streaky lol he swears by it walks round with a cart with 2 5l tubs of the stuff he stinks lol

I just put it on in the morning but if you wanted to top it up I Spose it would be ok. I was amazed by it. Yeah must admit does remind you of chips lol

when i started out i used to put white vinegar in my bucket all the time, not a right lot but a good splash, really the only time it made a big difference was on the insides of houses where there were a lot of smokers, its brill for nicotine

It's in my water with ecover all the time, I reckon it does give a better shine especially when ya do inside and out.

Got to my 1st clean today where a rose bush grows by the window. Usually use this stuff I have to get it off but having cleaned the Astra out yesterday forgot to put stuff in. So's set me thinking. What I did was pour a small amount of vinegar on my applicator with soap and it came off a treat. Not only that I also noticed that during the day my windows were IAbsolutly sparkling with this method & yes there's more, your squeegee glides over the window with the minimum of effort. Will be doing this each morning now. Thought I'd share this bit of good fortune with you & maybe try it. Do NOT do of you can't stand smell of vinegar but that goes after a couple of minutes. Just pour a small amount the length of your applicator.
posh now you know why i use vinegar with ecover!

i add 50ml into my bucket that does the same as putting it on you applicator!

posh now you know why i use vinegar with ecover!

i add 50ml into my bucket that does the same as putting it on you applicator!
About same as me roughly 15-20ml per gallon.

Some people reckon it would smell like fish and chips as well but it doesn't, I do interiors with it as well and although there is a tiny bit of a vinegar odour I have actually been complimented on the fact that rooms smell better than they did before after about half an hour once everything is dry but then vinegar is good for deodourising.

The great 1992 wembley 3rd division play off final. Posh 2 Stockport 1. Charlery scored 2 goals. Up front adcock & charlery. Legends. Can't believe you've never heard of them. Lol.

The great 1992 wembley 3rd division play off final. Posh 2 Stockport 1. Charlery scored 2 goals. Up front adcock & charlery. Legends. Can't believe you've never heard of them. Lol.
Don't do foozball mate.

i sometime add a small splash of ammonia to my detergent if the windows are really bad, clears your sinuses as well lol

i sometime add a small splash of ammonia to my detergent if the windows are really bad, clears your sinuses as well lol
Yeah I've heard of people doing that, don't like the pee smell myself though.

Can't seem to find any in the shops by me /emoticons/sad.png .

Where do you get this 'white vinegar' from any links.

Can you tell I don't do shopping /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.

Back