Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders clean

Den

been asked a customer to do inside of some patio doors they have had levelling compound screed floor done and some cement staining on the Windows what would be the best stuff to clean off.

Thanks.

Get it wet and soapy and scrape it off

Only push forward with the scraper not forwards and backwards or you will trap grit under the blade and drag it across the glass

You can also buy a spray called cement off

I'm sure hg have their own version

Have a look in b&q as they carry a lot of hg stuff

They definitely do make one

Use cement off. Apply with sponge then leave it to work its magic, as the cement is dissolved it will turn white, give it ten minutes or so then wash glass with plenty of water you may have to repeat this process to remove all the cement.

Use a scraper as a last resort make sure glass is wet and with a new blade work in one direction only lift blade off glass, clean then repeat.

Cement off isn't cheap so charge according.

Can someone please post a link not having much joy with finding the product.

Looked at the job today so another question, the Windows in question didn't have splatter more like a couple of large splashes do I still need this also there is a few bit of plaster on the Windows will this wash off ok.

Thanks again

I've never had a problem with taking of cement and I've cleaned some windows with it thick on it

Just plenty of water mate and scrape it , as for making a scratch on the glass I've never managed that either and I've used rusted blades and also scraped the odd bit without any water, maybe I'm just lucky in that way

Back