Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you use to get rid of mould on sealant?

Max

I have a conny to do inside and out (not roof) I'm going to use Ubik on outside and the customer has asked if I could remove the mould on the sealant. I'm going charge more for this but not sure if Ubik would remove this with magic sponge. When it comes to inside and the mould would you spray Ubik when inside or would a standard mould treatment work? Many thanks for your help.

You don't use hypo do you @Taxlossloz ??

I would never have known lol

I am well impressed with hypo and will be setting up a softwash system soon

Can someone tell me what hypo is and where do you get it from, I googled it and found some New Zealand website.

Can someone tell me what hypo is and where do you get it from, I googled it and found some New Zealand website.
Sodium hypochlorite if you look on your bottle of domestos you'll see it

Thanks, good to know I don't have to pay shipping from new Zealand as I am looking at a bottle now next to my cuppa.

If you google Benz softwash Ireland mate or look up mark cave on FB you'll be in front of the PC till sun rise ...

What is this hypo? Also, anyone know what an SLX is? :whistle:What is ubik? Wish these things got mentioned on this forum, its fu****g useless! :eek:
Ubik is a deep clean degreaser. Essential bit of kit for me. I use it a lot on my windows for first cleans. U can spray it on the end of your brush then pole it off. Does a top notch job, Steve. I get mine off Amazon or ebay, whichever is cheaper. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CLOVER-Ubik-Universal-Cleaner-Concentrate/dp/B00OSAA2KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468760813&sr=8-1&keywords=ubik+2000

Also note that spraying home mixed SH around inside someones conny may not be the best ideal in the world. All kinds of trouble you can get into there.

A bottle of Domestos spray bleach will do the job just fine and will cost you just £1 from Poundland (maybe cheaper at the 99p Store)

What we are all quite often too quick to forget is that cleaning products need to be used as per directions and also for best result need agitation and dwell time as well.

It's like computers we went from dial up to phones with broadband speeds and still we want faster results. Some times all that's needed is a little time and effort.

After all that's what the customer is paying for. If you turn up, spray, wipe, pack up and go in 20 mins they're gonna find that a hard bill to swallow, if on the other hand you turn up, take your time, look methodical and particular in your approach they will be recommending you left and right.

It's all about customer perception as to what is good value.

Ubik is a deep clean degreaser. Essential bit of kit for me. I use it a lot on my windows for first cleans. U can spray it on the end of your brush then pole it off. Does a top notch job, Steve. I get mine off Amazon or ebay, whichever is cheaper. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CLOVER-Ubik-Universal-Cleaner-Concentrate/dp/B00OSAA2KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468760813&sr=8-1&keywords=ubik+2000
Err, I was being sarcastic :thumbsup:

Steve a hypo is a large animal found in rivers all over Africa I think SLX is a type of Mercedes
Lol, thanks for your help. Also found out ubik is a multi coloured squared cube. Its a puzzle that was played in the 80s. Pub time

Back