Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

order myself new pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nearlyclean

See that Gardiner have more CL-X in stock so just ordered myself a new 27 ft,the harris pole is okay but the clamps start to slip and I need a good all rounder and the CL-X looks like the best pole for the price.Can't wait to get it

Its the clamps that has done it for me,I was comparing it to the elite the side way clamping system without all that allen key stuff,I would of like a slx but have other things to buy at the moment and settled for a clx and I dont think there is much in the weight differences

Good choice - I love my CLX.

I also ordered a butt cap for the No. 4 section, then removed the stop tape to let the No. 4 section slide out completely.

Now I have an 18ft, with a butt cap that slides on perfectly & stays there, and for the digger jobs I can slide on the other 2 sections.

I also used a marker pen to indicate when the No. 4 section is at maximum.

Probably get an aqua-adaptor next another reason for buying the pole.Just order another flip fast the 7 inch one find them a lot easier to work with than a regular goose neck and use to struggle with nut on other adjustable angles.

Just got home and the pole had been delivered.wasn't expecting it to come for at least a few weeks.Only got a few jobs to do tomorrow.All unwrapped and out of the box feels like a well balanced and rigid pole.Well chaffed :huh:

£180 for clx 27 I been thinking about it for a while and didn't like the other poles on offer and went down the DIY I say for a cheap pole you can't go wrong with a harris pole and the fishing poles are great at height and wasn't going to pay out for another pole but after all the talk I thought I got to try one of these and the clamps feel easy to work with and narrow pole width as I have quite small hands

Its a Hybrid mix,I've used a Ntex,fibreglass poles and ali poles and this Knocks them all dead.Its not just the weight difference but the clamps are tool less.I would like to try the SL-x as these are pure carbon.But as another supplier has said its not always down to weight but ease of use even though this is still a light pole.

I have a few houses with conservatory and cant quite reach with a harris pole and have to set up the modular pole with cl-x 27 I will reach most of these now.It closes down a lot smaller and fits in the back of the car easier.

If your on a budget or Gardiner is out of stock a DIY Harris pole modified is a good alternative but asd for Ionics,Brodex,Streamline and others it is streets ahead

Brodex clamps are a bit awkward I used a 48 ft (45) and to be fair they have come a long way but for high work I use a modified Carp fishing rod as it is the clamps that add the weight and closed length.

A job that normally takes about 2 hours took hour an half without the clamps slipping and easy to adjust and the shorter closed length made it easer to clean ground floor windows,very responsive at height.Really enjoyed using the CL-X great pole for the money.

Back