Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

De Mossing a roof pricing help

C

Christian Eley

Today I have run into a customer who has requested the roof to be de mossed. I have told the guy I will get back to him early next week with a price, now the trouble is, I don't know what to charge.

I have a few photos that you can see of the roof.

Can someone help me with a price, I will be using a harness, tying myself to the chimney for safety and I will be using a hard scrubbing brush (or a few) to scrub the moss and dirt off the roof. I know how to do it, I just need a price, but i don't know how much to charge.

So basically, what would you charge is the question.

9614505f2865a18a5dbb134c483a6bc5.jpg
9084ec6b28a587f6c789c8d6d85e19c8.jpg

34c8e00fec40114176c16334da450842.jpg

d3134213cf1f01a24114e7cfd3a904b8.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I find that's an awful lot for what it is I don't want to go in with a high quote and put him off.

Would he be expecting a price this high?

I would do this from the ground using my softwash setup. It would take a day and I am with Mark, I would be charging £700-£800.
Hi Green I'm interested to know what your soft wash setup is and how you clean the roof from the ground? Also, you got any pics of a roof after it's been soft washed?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

We have softwashed moss it just looks a mess

It doesn't remove it all

Leaves bleached bits of moss which looks worse

Soggy mess hard to clean up and dispose of

Scrape it first then softwash after is miles better job

Christian that is a fairly steep roof and a decent size detached

I think you were thinking too cheap

I would quote at least £500 to scrape and remove moss then £200 to softwash it which makes the initial spend worth it for customer as it kills the root

Also you have the harness , (training I presume )so you can charge a premium

Latest Posts

Back