Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What dragged you to window cleaning ?

harunh

What wer u doing before ?

im only 21 years old so am happy ive started sel employed now am still young /emoticons/smile.png

I used to do a plastering course in college when i left school for 2 years but instead of learning i just messed around and i was the rebel in the classroom lol /emoticons/mellow.png

but then i done a uniformed services course for 1 month hated it ! lol moved to I.T... and got kicked off the course so then i was just a delivery driver making average money... then i started part time work in a call centre....

Just been working part time for the past year.... always wanted to open my own business... i always had a conveniance store or takeaway in mind.... but it was to much money for me... and i couldnt afford it.... so i searched on google... business start up for under 10k and it said a load of things...... and i seen window cleaning... and then i seen the poles.. i was thinking poles ? wtf ? seen youtube videos on it... popped up on here..... and thought this is a fantastic idea /emoticons/smile.png

lol and now here i am ive been trading for 11 days izactly. and ive got 11/12 customers already /emoticons/smile.png

Once i hit 50 customers... im going to start doing a good promotion for window cleaning... something like refer a friend or something /emoticons/smile.png

Left school with not the grades I could have achieved from having a hard time from other kids in half my lessons and messing about in the classes which I didnt get beat up in so left school at 16 bought a round, not looked back.

Reforming my round after a bad year or so, but getting there.

Is all I know.

I joined the army at 15-9month stayed there until I was 29 after serving in Bosnia, kosavo, NI, Iraq x3 and afghan 2 times had enougth of seeing bad things and missing my kids, got out got a job with a few windys then decided about 8 week go to go it alone and the rest is history.

Also to add to that I was driving quarry trucks for a short time

Worked as a DJ most of my life, professionally for over 20 years and just think it's time I hung up my headphones and got some fresh air. Still working a couple of ***hts a week to pay the bills and stuff but hoping to be able to quit within 2 yrs.

Thats why I still do it mate but at almost 49 I really should be out of it soon, I can't be a 50 yr old ***htclub dj its just not cricket. Although some of the perks are good lol.

lol woah, aslong as u enjoy it /emoticons/smile.png once u quit u will miss it.. U dont know wat u got til itz gone mate, and ul also feel old if u quit /emoticons/smile.png haha

Nah I'm ready mate and enjoying being out in fresh air and up ladder, and ya as old as the woman ya feel they reckon and mines 30 so I feel like a spring chicken lol.

Moved from Glasgow to South Wales and batted between jobs for a while until a mate told me how much he could earn in a day as a windy. So bought a little combo and kitted it out on the cheap to start and canvassed like mad! Got a good little business now and first son on the way so building something for his future now!

Kev

I was a fabricator welder done it since i left school 14 yrs ago , working 12hr ***hts and also getting my business up and running . then last july had a sudden cardiac arrest .since then for the last 10 months was umming and arring on what to do and one day i was on the drive getting my car ready for an mot looked up and seen 2 window cleaners pull up whack out 4 houses in around 20 mins and thought jeez they done 4 houses in that time around 7 quid an house . so that day forth i decided window cleaning is the way forward . also it fits into the mrs getting back into work so i can have the kids when she's working .

Had a part time tempaory job last year with the local council, worked for 6 months, in that time, me and a mate did window cleaning part time,(on a saturday as extra pocket money) did it for 9 months, did my knee in, so sold the round, but, as am better now, and I can't get a job no where, window clean is all I know, plus I am able to do odd jobs for people and get paid for it, which are rather usless to an employer.

Am loving this job, best ever job ever! =)

Thats why I still do it mate but at almost 49 I really should be out of it soon, I can't be a 50 yr old ***htclub dj its just not cricket. Although some of the perks are good lol.
dj dodger are you a steve luigi??lol

did you play back in the day old houses/rave?

what dragged me into the game was bad people and very poor gaffas who need battering with a baseball bat.working all day for 40 quid doing property maintenance and thought i work too hard to earn this sh1t so i just jacked walked out and took a gamble i have a house and fam so it was a risk but it payed off.

ill never work for anyone again in my life soon as i arive at work for someone else im ready to kill them once they tell me what to do a cant stand it.

37 years mate from playing northern soul in 75 when I was 11 to house, trance, bounce etc now and no am better lookin but not as famous as Steve Luigi lol

The money the glamour the celeb status. Ok I can dream. 21 years 3 shifts& at 45 thought do somet diff last 20 before retiring. Helped my mate doing windows while on shift. Liked it so worked all the hours god sent & saved so could have 2 months off to build it up. Finished work on a Friday and never went back. Canvassed everyday for 2 months & got a mate who's a canvasser to help me & after 2 months had enough to get going and hey presto. 4 years on and have a big round which I find hard to keep up with and cope with but not complaining and love it.

37 years mate from playing northern soul in 75 when I was 11 to house, trance, bounce etc now and no am better lookin but not as famous as Steve Luigi lol

Take a look at this www.mortimerentertainments.co.uk

I still do this at my age age(47) and still love playing jazz funk,soulfull funky house:D

I still do this at my age age(47) and still love playing jazz funk,soulfull funky house:D
Me too mate, done it all from youth clubs in 70's, pubs, mobile, corporate, fun pubs, holiday camps and ***htclubs. Still love it on the hole and yeah probs will miss it really and might keep it up a bit with something more tribal, progressive maybe but the stuff I enjoy playing the most is fairly hard Jackin house and electro, bouncy house and trance I'm just getting a bit old to get away with lol.

37 years mate from playing northern soul in 75 when I was 11 to house,

trance, bounce etc now and no am better lookin but not as famous as Steve Luigi lol

Me too mate, done it all from youth clubs in 70's, pubs, mobile, corporate, fun pubs, holiday camps and ***htclubs. Still love it on the hole and yeah probs will miss it really and might keep it up a bit with something more tribal, progressive maybe but the stuff I enjoy playing the most is fairly hard Jackin house and electro, bouncy house and trance I'm just getting a bit old to get away with lol.

I know how yer feel buddy...i shaved my hair off cos it's going a shade of grey:D:D:D:D

My ole boys got quite a name as a dj in bournemouth. Been along a few times but don't go no-more. Feel so old & the music gives me a headache. Why do we have to get old lol.

Back