jack b

Hypo Mix

jack b

What ratio mix do you generally use to get the algae off the finials on the conny roof (the fancy bit that runs along the top)

Been using UBIK for some time but have been told that Hypo will give a more comprehensive result and gets into all the nooks and crannies, then just drops off with minimal scrubbing. A farm shop near me apparently sells the stuff.

So what ratio mix do most of you use please.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ubik does exactly what you describe but a lot less hazardous than SH.

Wet roof. Apply Ubik. 10/1 plenty strong. Aggitate with brush.

Leave 5 mins and rinse off.

SH for a conny roof is just overkill.

jack b

Thank you for the reply Green P.C.

I shall heed your advice on this and reel back my ideas to use this on connys in future, sticking with the Ubik. I accept your knowledge on the subject.

Taxlossloz

agree on that also SH ruins your gear so avoid until you really get into softwashing

Then just factor into price for renewing fittings connections etc

tench0771

hypo will eat litchin tho its killed it on my path im shore on polly carbon roofs it will wirk very well, i used it neet tho lol :zipit: dam i for got its a secret when it comes to soft was cems :doh::rolleyes:

Taxlossloz

the only ' secret ' was -

how does mark M's liver cope !

Dave B

I've been using hypo on conservatories and fascias etc lately and it's excellent

20160727_153452.jpg.9c1237ef90496dd9f4494ac6950b3fe0.jpg

20160803_080028.jpg.7c103800ea3949ca0f5cda20c8b8da21.jpg

20160803_110853.jpg.2e6d4ff189183329ae2b01d78b7b6b6f.jpg

20160803_110859.jpg.c207cbb8e15f843e17166010ae6a415f.jpg

20160727_143730.jpg.7016e0484be0724995c9075342a8c5bd.jpg

20160727_170239.jpg.aeb4412c31d647c5e63bdffd16e1b5ac.jpg

20160727_143930.jpg.1fb8d66c0360dd0a1247a686e3847782.jpg

simon

a tip i just picked up & have used with excellent results on 2 first cleans with connys is to put 500ml of asda bleach ( 40p worth ) in 20 ltrs of water in my backpack & spray everything down & scrub & finish off with pure, the hypo is in the bleach but in safe amounts so no worries

pole & hose was clean by rinsing the houses & just fill backpack & run it dry twice

James Allen

I have used blackwash on conservatory roof

Aquajetexteriorcleaning

Surely cant be good, the reason we buy pumps with viton seals is because that stuff eats rubber.

James Allen
Surely cant be good, the reason we buy pumps with viton seals is because that stuff eats rubber.

Mine have that is why I use on really bad roofs

simon

yeah but you use it on a conny maybe once & wash it off straight away not like running it through a sprayer time after time

James Allen
yeah but you use it on a conny maybe once & wash it off straight away not like running it through a sprayer time after time

Most roofs I do haven't been cleaned in 3 to years so I use it on them and 5 to 6 a for night so I ha e all the correct stuff for using hypo

simon

i use a gardiners backpack & alex said it would be ok as long as it gets a good rinse out

James Allen
i use a gardiners backpack & alex said it would be ok as long as it gets a good rinse out

It will be like you say if you flush after use .

Dave B

Alex also pointed out the warranty would be void if using it for hypo

James Allen
Alex also pointed out the warranty would be void if using it for hypo

Oh you get on your holiday lol

Dave B

I'm just chillin Jim

Had a beer had a swim now having a coffee and relaxing

Only got here an hour ago

Gotta go out in the car first thing and do a big shop for the next few days (beer and steak should cover it)

Green Pro Clean Ltd
Seriously Dave turn off your phone !!

Nothing worse than an armchair expert except a sunlounger expert! :P

Dave B
Seriously Dave turn off your phone !!

I am happy browsing on the forum when doing nothing like now as i always wake up before anyone else but not sad enough to be on here once the day starts properly..got beer to drink instead lol