Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo Mix

jack b

What ratio mix do you generally use to get the algae off the finials on the conny roof (the fancy bit that runs along the top)

Been using UBIK for some time but have been told that Hypo will give a more comprehensive result and gets into all the nooks and crannies, then just drops off with minimal scrubbing. A farm shop near me apparently sells the stuff.

So what ratio mix do most of you use please.

Thank you for the reply Green P.C.

I shall heed your advice on this and reel back my ideas to use this on connys in future, sticking with the Ubik. I accept your knowledge on the subject.

agree on that also SH ruins your gear so avoid until you really get into softwashing

Then just factor into price for renewing fittings connections etc

hypo will eat litchin tho its killed it on my path im shore on polly carbon roofs it will wirk very well, i used it neet tho lol :zipit: dam i for got its a secret when it comes to soft was cems :doh::rolleyes:

a tip i just picked up & have used with excellent results on 2 first cleans with connys is to put 500ml of asda bleach ( 40p worth ) in 20 ltrs of water in my backpack & spray everything down & scrub & finish off with pure, the hypo is in the bleach but in safe amounts so no worries

pole & hose was clean by rinsing the houses & just fill backpack & run it dry twice

Surely cant be good, the reason we buy pumps with viton seals is because that stuff eats rubber.
yeah but you use it on a conny maybe once & wash it off straight away not like running it through a sprayer time after time

i use a gardiners backpack & alex said it would be ok as long as it gets a good rinse out
Alex also pointed out the warranty would be void if using it for hypo

I'm just chillin Jim

Had a beer had a swim now having a coffee and relaxing

Only got here an hour ago

Gotta go out in the car first thing and do a big shop for the next few days (beer and steak should cover it)

Seriously Dave turn off your phone !!
I am happy browsing on the forum when doing nothing like now as i always wake up before anyone else but not sad enough to be on here once the day starts properly..got beer to drink instead lol

Back