Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self cleaning glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

I knocked on a new housing estate yesterday and one customer said

" I dont need a window cleaner as all the windows on these new houses have self cleaning glass so i think your wasting your time. "

So I replied erm ok then but they will still need cleaning .

How would you guys reply to such an answer ? :-/

Ask them if they don't mind you calling back in a month or so. Guaranteed the "self cleaning" glass isn't all that. I do a few commercial jobs that have it and they all regret it

It's not going to decide to clean itself if a bird decides to do it's business on them, also tell them the longer windows are uncleaned they will get hard water or marks or stains self cleaning or not and tell them it it hard and expensive to get them off.

I've cleaned many self cleaning windowsnthey ain't that good

load of sh1t ive worked on site and this stuff is a load tosh give him a card and say call me b1tch lol they will be dirty mate.

put on yer flyers please note to all home owners with self cleaning glass this will still need cleaning we recomend every 8 weeks:)cheers.

self cleaning glass only works when it rains so in the summer tell her when you are looking out your windows they are going to be dirty

Self cleaned glass doesn't really clean itself, its just a gimmick, they might not get as dirty, but they will still get dirty and wont stop birds dirt so they do still need cleaned.

i used to sell windows for a few window firms that had self cleaning glass, it doesnt actually clean itself, obviously!lol, it has a film that acts like a wax, so its more difficult for dirt to cling to, but they still need cleaning

Back