Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Skyvac or Grippa Vac decision

M

mossy

Hi all, just trying to decide on buying a grippa vac or skyvac here in Australia for my new business. Both are around the 5k AUD mark, could drop the price a bit more on the grippa by buying without their camera and using my gopro with the iphone and a quadlock on the bottom. The grippa come with the gardiner clamped poles but they aren't the new V4 models and its the 40litre vac compared to the skyvac at 78L. I guess both are pretty expensive and I could try a DIY setup but could be more hassle than its worth, what would you guys buy or what have you bought?

Hi,

In all honesty if you have a go pro camera then I would use that, we manufacture Gutter vacuums and sell the cameras and to be honest they are as good as the cameras you will buy from any supplier. We manufacture carbon fibre poles ourselves (both tapered and quick release clamps), our kits work out to about AUS 2K including shipping.

Alex

Gutter Cleaning Systems

ive got the stream vac same as grippa one its ace good suction power i use ultralite alli poles from lee at bladeright tauntion there very strong but a tad heavy for aquad angles and over 25 ft my only bug bare is that the wheels dont like stone chip drives as there is onlt 1 inch clearence between the wheels and the bottom of the vac its no biggy tho these numitic hovers are bomb proof go on for ever and the vac is not to big for the van it holds plenty of dirt to be for it needs emptying

I'm yet to find a vac that like stone chipped drives and I've tried loads!! (Numatic, Karcher, Star and finally settled on Viper (Nilfisk!!)

can u get a 100mm inlet as some one a x member from here now on a nother forum said theres is a 100mm inlet on his vac only reason i ask is my 50mm side inlet has blocked a few times also will it up the scution a bit if the inlet is biger?

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm leaning towards the grippa as I can get it without the camera (use my own gopro) and it has a 2 year warranty on the motor.

U won't need a warnty on the vac m8 there hard as nails I've never hurd any one burn them out as yet ! But I i have hurd people say they have burnt out there sky vac moters also i don't like the papery filter that some vacs have the grippa vac has a metal filter wich i think is much beta cos when they get wet they don't lose there suction

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Reckon it would be good to place the vac on a trolley with pneumatic tyres for stone chip

I reckon a 100mm inlet would just shift blockages to the hose or tool head, and cut down on suction power

I once actually mounted a vacuum a sack barrow with pneumatic wheels and that was absolutely brilliant!! We've found that the motors in the vacuums these days are far better than they used to be, we've been selling the Vipers from Nilfisk for over 3 years now and have about 1000 machines out around the world (3000 motors) and yet to have one burn out! The least reliable motors we have found are actually the Italian motors. With regards to the 100mm inlet we actually change our machines so we can still use the 50mm inlet because we use 50mm on the tubes so if it can travel 50ft through 50mm then it should be able to enter the machine at 50mm but like I say we do actually adapt the machines whereas I don't think other people do they just use the standard off the shelf machine.

Decided to go with the Grippa, just got to decide on which poles, the gardiner clamped section 10's or the new V4 carbon poles.

In all honesty if customers buying our kits ask me I would recommend clamped (we use quick release clamps so assembly and dismantling the time difference is minimal). The tapered poles can jam together sometimes whereas clamped won't, we ourselves use clamped for gutter cleaning jobs.

Alex

Gutter Cleaning Systems

The grippa actually worked out quite a bit cheaper for the 36ft 40lt vac system no camera, about 2100 pounds. A lot Cheaper than buying a trailer mounted vac system.

Oh yes a lot of guys in Australia have the massive trailer mount systems!! We do carbon fibre kits with the 75 litre vacs they are less than £700 then obviously there's the shipping (last time I checked it was about £350 to Australia).

Back