Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help

Amos

Hi guys I have been cleaning traditionally for 20 years now I have to get the WFP system as I do very posh school in Surrey . Due to health and safety issues I need to poll system and I haven't got a clue about it as anybody got any ideas what sort of system I need hard water area et cetera The more I read up about WFP system the more confused I get ie ro or di ? What is the best system to use moneywise as it is a lot of money to fork out I hope you understand what I mean any information would be very much appreciated !!!!

If you give a few more specifics you may get some help but it's a bit of a general question

Search previous threads for basics then ask some questions which are particular to your needs

Hi guys I have been cleaning traditionally for 20 years now I have to get the WFP system as I do very posh school in Surrey . Due to health and safety issues I need to poll system and I haven't got a clue about it as anybody got any ideas what sort of system I need hard water area et cetera The more I read up about WFP system the more confused I get ie ro or di ? What is the best system to use moneywise as it is a lot of money to fork out I hope you understand what I mean any information would be very much appreciated !!!!
First you need your tds reading, you can buy a decent meter for around 20 quid. If less them 100ppm you can go di only. Anything over 100 go ro, otherwise youll burn through resin.

As for setup if you are only going to do the school you could get away with a trolley or backpack and a few jerrycans. I use a backpack daily with no dramas. As for a pole if you only going up 3 storeys then a 27ft composite pole would be the cheapest option. With a tds of 50ish i got a di vessel with resin, water genie backpack, 27ft barracuda pole, male and female rectus fittings, and 4 jerrycans. Cost me 450 quid and your good to go from the cleaning warehouse. As for ro im not sure as i dont need one.

Might also be worth finding out if you have a supplier of pure water near you. There's a supplier near me who sells it at £2/100ltrs. Every time I go there for bits n bobs there's always someone there filling up.

What a brilliant idea cheers mate it is so expensive to set up by the system and the van etc I am looking on eBay for a window cleaning van do you think that will be better ? Cheers mate !

Where abouts are you Amos? I'm based in Godalming so if you would like to sub contract the job or work with me on it I'd be glad to help out.

What a brilliant idea cheers mate it is so expensive to set up by the system and the van etc I am looking on eBay for a window cleaning van do you think that will be better ? Cheers mate !
Whether you go for a van or stick with a car is very much a choice for you. If you stick with a car or small van, it needs to be able to carry a fair bit of water safely. Water is heavy and you don't want 25ltr barrels of water flying about inside the vehicle in the event of an accident. I don't use an estate car for this reason. I use a saloon with a large boot.

I can get six barrels (150ltrs) in the boot with the trolley (Freedom trolley). If I need to I can put another two barrels in the car in the footwells (They get used first). I also live local to where I work which means it's easy for me to refill if need be.

If your round is like mine, all residential and quite compact then a decent sized car will work. However, if you have commercial work as well which it sounds like you do, then I would imagine that at the very least you will be looking for a small van.

Whether you go for a van or stick with a car is very much a choice for you. If you stick with a car or small van, it needs to be able to carry a fair bit of water safely. Water is heavy and you don't want 25ltr barrels of water flying about inside the vehicle in the event of an accident. I don't use an estate car for this reason. I use a saloon with a large boot.I can get six barrels (150ltrs) in the boot with the trolley (Freedom trolley). If I need to I can put another two barrels in the car in the footwells (They get used first). I also live local to where I work which means it's easy for me to refill if need be.

If your round is like mine, all residential and quite compact then a decent sized car will work. However, if you have commercial work as well which it sounds like you do, then I would imagine that at the very least you will be looking for a small van.
Although There is an issue lugging 6 barrels about every day for xx years ... Your back won't hold up well

Although There is an issue lugging 6 barrels about every day for xx years ... Your back won't hold up well
Oddly my back was worse when I used to use ladders all the time. But you are absolutely right. You don't want to be carrying barrels of water about. I use a sack truck to move my water to the car even though it's only a short distance. I then only have to move the barrels into the car which is no big deal. Then during the day move one full barrel from the car to the trolley once every 40 minutes or so, which is right next to the car. After that, well let's just say I've seen guys expending more energy lugging great lengths of hose around than I exert moving my trolley.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely agree that for many window cleaners a van is essential. I'm just saying that a car can work. But you have to consider what you plan to do.

so are you considering moving over to WFP, is it for one job only.

just been reading your thread 20yrs window cleaning you must have lots of cream work,if your not going WFP personally

i would,int buy all the gear for one big job sell it on.

Hi duncs thank you for your reply I am going to buy WFP system I have got a lot of work that should make it a lot easier should it ? Do you know a system quite cheap but a very good system I could buy that would be very helpful

Amos have a look at the trolly building guide if you want to go down that route that is what im currently building. it saves lugging hose everywhere but also means having 25lt jerry cans which in my eyes is not to bad

Hi slipknot thanks for the info ! I'm talking to a guy at baileys wfp systems ltd about a van and system he seems really nice have you heard of him ?

Just about to make a thread, but about a year ago I was going to set up a nice system in the pick up but kept seeing the same thread about cheap WFP how much does it cost etc etc so as an experiment with the intention of posting it I went about doing it as cheap as possible, this is the end of one years trial.

[media]

[/media]

Back