Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

the big softwash secret

WCF

Help Support WCF:

peter rogers

hey everyone as you know there is alot of whispers and secrets about softwashing etc

i got a book from benz and have to say it is helpful

i brough it for my brother as he wants more to do with things and its goes thru step by step with pictures on how things get done and also on equipment

:)

Peter could you put a link up for the book please? I'm intrigued by softwashing. I'm sure I'll get proved wrong but to me it looks like spray and agitate chemical then rinse off. So is it a case of the guys who got slagged off over the years for using hypo and underpowered pressure washers where actually sort of softwashing all along. I'm sure there's a bit more to it than that so I think the book would be an interesting read.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Or just join the nasw forum online and softwash uk support on facebook and have all the info and advice you need from guys in the know doing the job..and @Taxlossloz /emoticons/tongue.png

I'd just like to see a real filthy driveway or similar done from start to finish to see if it is a real alternative to pressure washing. Or is it just a maintenance thing for not so dirty drives etc. The videos I've looked at online so far basically show some guy spraying chemicals but not the full cleaning process. So in that regard it does seem quite secretive.

I'd just like to see a real filthy driveway or similar done from start to finish to see if it is a real alternative to pressure washing. Or is it just a maintenance thing for not so dirty drives etc. The videos I've looked at online so far basically show some guy spraying chemicals but not the full cleaning process. So in that regard it does seem quite secretive.

Most drives, all block paving ones especially need power washing cos the joints need cleaning out

So there's pressure washing plus Chem after ( bleach )

then there's just bleaching stuff - walls , flags , tiles

Then there's treating with biocides( no bleach ) which is interesting -

buy the book ...

if i was to do soft washing i wouldent do roofs my self but a bit of render cleaning blocking paving ect ide just use hypo, 5050 hypo and tap water for green algi on walls neat hypo on the rest gota watch out for lead as it can change colour and also leve a run down the wall ,best to aply with a wfp pole brush and a back pack goggles and a resperator is needed as hypo is nasty stuff ,if u wana play it safe use blackwasah as its safer im no expert tho only dable a bit on the odd job, also when cleaning paving brush on and leve it to dry let it vaporise on its own for best resalts tell custmer no pets aloud on it for 24 hours tell them to hose it down after 24 hours /emoticons/smile.png

No need for a respirator for hypo as it not harmful to breathe unless you mix it with acid and get a chlorine cloud

It's bad for the eyes and burns skin but on it's own is safe to breathe

Blackwash is not safer as it is just 10% hypo mixed with benz own surfactant as i was informed on here

It also stops working after about an hour as it breaks down into salt and oxygen so no difference if you leave it on all night

Need to do your research if you're gonna play with chems

Sodium hypochlorite: health effects, incident management and toxicology - Publications - GOV.UK

Last edited by a moderator:
hey everyone as you know there is alot of whispers and secrets about softwashing etc
i got a book from benz and have to say it is helpful

i brough it for my brother as he wants more to do with things and its goes thru step by step with pictures on how things get done and also on equipment

/emoticons/smile.png
Hmmmm...... 95% Correct spelling amd grammer and 100% understandable post!

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH @peter rogers ????

I just think it's all blew out of proportion. I think it's being over complicated to just applying chemicals and agitating to rinsing

yes true it's not rocket science to bleach stone steps people been doing it years

But to say it's a load of guff is bit weird

Anyone with WFP should be offering softwash

Mark cave is making it accessible but Benz , Gavin Reardon ( softwash solutions ) are the original dudes look at there stuff online

Back