Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much for rubber?

windyman

How much would you pay for a length of rubber, a 42" strip which would give you 3 x 14" strips?

It's hard or soft, if postage was £1, how much would you pay per strip?

It was me ha ha.

I'm thinking of buying a massive amount cheap and selling them on. Still just thinking about it tho.

To be honest, if your squeegee is dog-eared, and you were doing a lot of trad work (say 50 houses) you could wear it down significantly in a day.

I tend to make mine last 3 or 4 days, but if money was no issue, I'd change it ever 2 days.

really? i use pulex soft and do about 40 a day trad(2 man), lasts me a couple of weeks, your obviously pressing pretty hard, maybe you should use a hard rubber?

swear down lads im on unger now and they last me a few days,pulex was a day and thats doing around 23 to 24 houses in the day to be fair i think there all sh1t.

ive just got some hard ones to see if there any better i am heavy handed though:)

I am not getting what all of the people above are trying to say. I don't have any knowledge about this post but I am curious to get know it.

really? i use pulex soft and do about 40 a day trad(2 man), lasts me a couple of weeks, your obviously pressing pretty hard, maybe you should use a hard rubber?
Do you know what I mean by 'dog earring'?

It's bending down the corner of your channel which eliminates the need for detailing.

This is why my rubber needs changing so often, it wears out at the very ends of it.

But for the time it saves me, still very very worthwhile!

I am not getting what all of the people above are trying to say. I don't have any knowledge about this post but I am curious to get know it.
Hi Stefan, we're talking about the length of rubber that fits into the metal channel of a squeegee, where to buy it and how much it costs etc. Some people buy it in ready cut lengths of say 12 inches or 14 inches to fit their squeegee but most buy it in 42 inches or longer strips and cut it to fit themselves. This is because it wears down and causes streaks on the glass, the Dog earring of the metal squeegee channel that Windyman mentioned is done to cut down on detailing which is what we call it when we wipe around the edges of the window to make sure we haven't left any water right in the corners etc.

Hope that helped mate..

i know what dogearing is, and even so, a day is very quick!lol, also dogearing doesnt eliminate the need for detailing, it lessens it, you will still get the odd soap line

i know what dogearing is, and even so, a day is very quick!lol, also dogearing doesnt eliminate the need for detailing, it lessens it, you will still get the odd soap line
What's the odd soap line between friends tho eh? /emoticons/smile.png

Back