Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for advice from someone local(ish)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chuck

Hello all! I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now, finally signed up. Im interested in starting my own window cleaning business and have a few questions I'd love to bounce off someone in the US, I'm in Kentucky. If anyone has their own business all running and feels confident they can answer a few basic questions I'd greatly appreciate a message sent my way!

Thanks!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Welcome Chuck.

We dont have mamy American users on here yet so nice to have you.

The Aussies and NZ lads work similar to you with a much less frequent cleaing regieme but from a technical perspective the techniques are all the same so ask away.

As for business advice as in the day to day running you need someone that knows state and federal rules.

Welcome once again. :thumbsup:

Iv always wondered how you get going with it in US. I'd love to live in Orlando one day and work there but seems pretty unlikely. My skill set relates to outdoor cleaning so doubt they'd roll out welcome mat unless I could get job with a big national company..hope you find help you need anyway

Thanks for the replies! My main question is really about the ability to support my family on this income alone. I have a wife and 2 kids. Currently I have a pretty good paying job that I'll be able to keep while I start up, so there's no risk there. But I'm trying to make sure my expectations for income are in line with the possibilities. How does Winter effect business? Im looking to relocate to the south at some point too, actually Orlando.

Is there a typical annual income I should shoot for? I know a lot depends on how aggressive I am, a bit of luck, and other things, but what's a realistic number? As I ask, I know it's impossible to answer but I'm interested anyway haha

Is there a range that others are able to make? I want to make sure my goals and expectations are even possible.

I think the US market is so different it would be difficult for us to give you figures on income.

I know from watching guys like Keith kalfas on you tube it can be very lucrative. I suppose it depends on your area bit I always see them doing big property's in nice areas and charging a few hundred dollars for one house but they do them once or twice a year deep clean all the tracks and screens etc.

It looks to be more lucrative than the UK market of done right. It shouldn't be hard to do some market research where you plan on working check out your competition firstly get them to quote your house. Go knock some doors and find out what people are paying etc

Back