Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Everyones changes to business this winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

Just thought I'd start a thread where we share what changes we'd be making to business over the winter months to make it smoother basically... Figured it'd be mutually beneficial to lots of us/new ideas etc.

My Main change will be doing zero add on services and thus focusing on this new round in its first winter.

@Pigeon why do that mate?

@Solarpanelcleanington what changes to footwear and type of hat be handy?

I'm also thinking of employing over winter,for a few months if nothing more. Any particular time of year this would be best to do weather wise?

My change will be not expanding my round as there is less daylight hours in winter and concentrating on being set up properly for next years silly season of conservatories, gutters, fascias, roofs, driveways, render cleans, wasp nests etc etc etc

No more boring window round every day for me

It's our first year this year and our first winter. I will still be adding people to our round as I need to jump ship from my job this year to join my dad full time.

@Pigeon why do that mate?
To prevent the water from freezing, lower the freezing tempature. Cheaper than to use isopropanol.

EDIT this practice is for trad cleaners

Yes I am a it worried Chris33 and also we are totally wfp just worried about thing freezing up. Over night and in the day when using wfp would love a dies all heater but not got £3000 for one.

Well am still trad and trying to figure how much longer this round will take to get round in winter and between what harshest months.slightly fun yet stupidly bought a focus st recently see,so delayed wfp plans for now.

Don't bring someone on over winter as u have the strain of there wage .

Do as much add ons as u can. On top of ur round.. But remember 5pm and pitch black from end October

it is easy to panic when the day is short and the tempatures is cold, but you just have to keep calm, trad cleaning dosent take that much longer in the winter, dress light but warm and get a good set of gloves with great feeling in them, i use some from local diy store. This will be my second winter as selfemployed but 4 winter in total of my cleaning carreer. the first two where freezing -15 :eek:

@peter rogers So the first 4 weeks of this round currently takes say 5 days a week if ok weather or 6 days a week if bad weather, and 2 days on the fifth and final week to complete the cycle (with probs 2 Conny cleans, 2 gutter jobs and one or two facia cleans in each 5 week cycle). Think I'd be able to maintain round in 5 weeks if work 6/7 days over all five weeks? Hoping that easy week 5 will come in handy!!

I've worked 2 winters now and not had any problems with freezing etc. Was only part time b4.

This winter I want to see what the shortest day is and use that as a guideline for my round.

I reckon it'll be about half 8 till half 3. So I want to refine my round to make it fit for these hours and continue to work these hours year round so I don't take on top much in summer. Hoping to make it 3 days a week on the glass and the other 2 days for other work next year.

daylight here is 8 till 4 in winter and where i live is in a direct line across to Glasgow so surely you must get more light than half 3.

8 hours should be enough to cover a day on the round.

Back