Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trigger valve or univalve?

Brandon

Hi all. I currently use a trigger valve and find it really good for controlling water usage as it's just simple "squeeze for on, release for off", and if there's the odd bit off dirt on the glass I can give it a quick squirt without wasting much water.

My question is what are the benefits of using the univalve apart from no more hose loops?

I started with triggers years ago and switched to taps, loathed triggers, went from taps to UniValve.

I have 3 poles all with univalve and can honestly say it is the product of the year for the WFP industry.

For £20 if you dont like it you aren't going to be hurting too badly are you?

ive tryed

tap on pole hose on ground (back ack):rolleyes:

aquatap (pure dung):rolleyes:

aquadapter (very good but springs used to brake):mad:

now univalve ( the nuts ):thumbsup:

never tryed a triger but the loop would drive me mad i think with out any question the univalve is the best so far

I'm 100% residential and found the trigger (cleantec trigger) really good. I got used to the dreaded loop of hose and it didn't bother me that much. That is until I tried the univalve. It beats the trigger for me hands down. Not having that extra hose at your feet is a major improvement.

I started with triggers years ago and switched to taps, loathed triggers, went from taps to UniValve.
I have 3 poles all with univalve and can honestly say it is the product of the year for the WFP industry.

For £20 if you dont like it you aren't going to be hurting too badly are you?
How come you loathed the triggers?

That's a good price! What site is that on?

I'm 100% residential and found the trigger (cleantec trigger) really good. I got used to the dreaded loop of hose and it didn't bother me that much. That is until I tried the univalve. It beats the trigger for me hands down. Not having that extra hose at your feet is a major improvement.
So was it the loop issue that made you make the change? Have you noticed any difference in water usage?

My only worry is that I won't be able to turn the water on and off as quickly as a trigger.

Thanks

Univalve is the nuts, especially using it 'hoseless'... Makes it easier to work with and quicker to get in and out the van too... And will be easily as quick and efficient as a trigger...

Univalves in all 3 of my poles for when collapsing the poles or quick moving. All backed up with a one shot for when the vans parked a long way off or when the customer is on for a long chat. One click, all power to the pump off, no back pressure.

That's my preference :thumbsup:

So was it the loop issue that made you make the change? Have you noticed any difference in water usage?My only worry is that I won't be able to turn the water on and off as quickly as a trigger.

Thanks
Strangely enough I wanted to go tubeless more than I wanted to make the switch to the univalve, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it with the trigger. I could unplug the hose from the trigger but still had all the pole hose to deal with when packing away. I thought the univalve would waste more water than the trigger but after listening to early reports from users on here when it first came out decided to give it a try. I found that coupled with the tubeless system and thus having no loop of hose at my feet to get in the way, it doesn't use any more water than the trigger. This is probably because I can work faster not having to waste time managing the extra hose. Sounds like nonsense I know, but it actually seems to use less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trigers are large bulky and heavy. Why by light poles just to strap a brick on the end?
Can't say I found the trigger a problem to work with from the weight point of view as it was on the wrong end of the pole to cause me a big problem in that regard. On the other hand having a brush a few ounces heavier is a completely different ball game. I recently switched between and Exline Evolite and Gardiners ultimate and I noticed the difference straight away. I have to be honest though, when I took the trigger off I noticed the difference too. Much better without it. Makes the pole more versatile in that you don't have to hold the trigger all the time so you can hold it anywhere.

Sorry to jump in on this thread, have been thinking about getting a univalve for a while now and have decided to get one. Was is the best hose to go with this? (the hose that goes in the pole) I'm sure I remember reading on here somewhere that so types of hose is to flexible so doesn't allow the univalve to work properly, also where is the best place to buy it? Thanks

Sorry to jump in on this thread, have been thinking about getting a univalve for a while now and have decided to get one. Was is the best hose to go with this? (the hose that goes in the pole) I'm sure I remember reading on here somewhere that so types of hose is to flexible so doesn't allow the univalve to work properly, also where is the best place to buy it? Thanks
Pu blue hose from exeed innovations

Back