Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Washing scrims/microfibres etc

wilgold

Hi guys what's the best way to clean dirty scrims/microfibres and applicator sleeves? I heard that you shouldn't use detergent or tumble dry them? Is this true? How do you clean yours? Thanks

I tumble dry mine every ***ht, never had any problems, I know another window cleaning with a good few boys that uses a dry cleaners to dry his cloths.

I dont clean mine as often as I really should but I just put them in a hot wash, I don't use detergents.

I wash them with detergent, I don't use softener.

To be honest, any of the ways on here work, it's preference.

I've never changed my way cause it's nice having fresh cleaned scrims.

I find if I just rinse them they're hard and horrid.

Setting 8 on the washing machine, its the only setting I know that works lol.. Wee scoop of surf. Hang on radiator, then give them a good shake.. Perfect

I only wash scrims once a week, I have loads of them and can usually get round the day with 1-2 scrims

My scrim get washed once a week and i use no detergent or softener and put on a hot wash.. They get enough soap in them anyway from work so should not really need any more....

Been doing it this way for over 20 years and it works for me..

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.