Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alternative solutions to ProtectaKote for lining van.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Working on the new van build and wondering what you have done to line the back of yours.

It really is not essential in a the Trafic or Vivaro vans as they are Galvanized so don't rot anyway.

In my old Trafic however I did strip all the ply out and line it with ProtectaKote. The new van has lovely ply and I am planning on leaving it in so it helps deaden road noise.

I am planning on using ProtectaKote to cover it but just wondering if you lads have found any good alternatives.

I @Paul Dodsworth lines his vans with lino but I think I want the brush on solution.

Suggestions?

Can't remember who it was I'm sure someone on here had there van sprayed inside with a rubber type compound I saw some pictures but I can't remember if the pics were here or on the product website. It did look the bizz.

I had the floor of my van applied with speedliner it's not cheap but will be done in a day and comes with a lifetime guarantee it was done around 2.5 years ago and still has no signs of ware.

I used isoflex liquid rubber from screwfix. I think it's really for repairing flat roofs but it works fine as long as you can put up with the smell that lasts for about a fortnight. A 4.5 ltr tin costs £40 I have a Nissan nv200 and used about half the tin.

Bitumen Paint.

ROOFTRADE Black Universal Bitumen Paint 5L | Departments | DIY at B&Q

Rooftrade Black Bitumen Paint 2.5L | Departments | DIY at B&Q

Cementone Cementone Bituminous Paint Black 5Ltr

Rubber Paint

Isoflex Liquid Rubber Black Roof Sealant 2.1L | Departments | DIY at B&Q

I have looked at these to coat my van floor and and re-ply line the floor again. I recon, if you are not using the actual floor surface i.e. adding ply lining or rubber matting etc. then any of these type of products would be all you need.

I dunno if its any good but ive seen a waterproofing laquer which dries transparent. Works best if you paint it first let it dry then apply 2 coats of this stuff. Looking at putting a plywood floor with racking in the back of the car, was gonna use this ive seen this for about £20 a tin in b&q all the way to £80 online

I tried under seal in last van.

Don't do it, was still tacky weeks later.

ive also heard someone fibreglassed the rear of their van - its probably the way i'll be going...

Completely waterproof and inexpensive :thumbsup:

I used garage floor paint. I sanded all smooth surfaces to give a 'key' for the paint. I went over the ply no problem. 2 coats, been down 5 years in this van

I went with with the ProtectaKote in the end, three thick layers.

That was this weekends project. First coat they say dries in 2 hours, second in 9. first went sound, second took about 12 hours ( I put it on thick and the third still has a slight tack nearly 20 hours later /emoticons/smile.png)

Worth the extra layer though as it really fills all the small gaps and crevices and as I had plenty to spare why not?

From a 4 liter can, doing just the floor and six inch up the sides you can easily do two Renault Trafic / Vivaro / Transits with two coats.

I plylined my van then sprayed it with upol raptor bedlining kit.

My dad has a compressor so it was easybusing that and an scultz gun for underseal. Looked really professional, i used 2 kits and 1 litre of base colour blue.

Thats for a VW crafter.

I used isoflex liquid rubber from screwfix. I think it's really for repairing flat roofs but it works fine as long as you can put up with the smell that lasts for about a fortnight. A 4.5 ltr tin costs £40 I have a Nissan nv200 and used about half the tin.

Did you have to prime the floor first or just straight onto the metal floor or plylining?

Back