Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just an update for you and some advice needed...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daniel79

Evening all. Further to my original post, start up, gutter cleaning and trolley system, a few months in an update.

Thus far we have picked up about 35-40 regular customers. The trolley has been great but a van is needed at least to have the tank and leave the trolley in the van drawing out of the tank. Work is mixed average charge is about £13 but as we have the gutter vac we have picked up quite a bit of gutter clearing and facia and soffit work. so all good. A few enquiries a day.... so moving on.

A quick question, do most of you use heated systems in the winter? Also how many of your regulars drop off over the winter period....

None of my customers dropped off last winter and no I do not use a hot water system. It was only cold enough for freeze my water on perhaps 4 or 5 days!

I can tell you are worried about the winter period, relax... you will be fine (as long as you are tough enough to handle the cold!!!)

None of my customers dropped off last winter and no I do not use a hot water system. It was only cold enough for freeze my water on perhaps 4 or 5 days!
I can tell you are worried about the winter period, relax... you will be fine (as long as you are tough enough to handle the cold!!!)
Hey thanks for the feedback, we shall carry on as normal then. Target is to get to 100 customers by year end. The gutter work last week added up to about £400. So I think our branding, leafleting and facebook updates (both gutter and window) are working.

You will also need to ensure your equipment including r/o is frost free at all times. If needed, then you r/o and trolley need to be indoors when not being used.

We plug a frost heater into the van at night in the winter.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back