Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO Alex Gardiner AKA The ask Alex a question thread.

Masons

I know Alex is generally round about when his name gets mentioned so thought I'd give it a try.

Hi, first of all, well done.

I say this because this week I'll be buying from you for the very first time, from the comments I keep hearing about your equipment.

Now, I'm going to clean some Solar panels and need a soft brush for the job.

Now I hear that your Super-Lite® Xtreme Soft (Black) is the one for the job. YET someone who has used your brushes more than I have said this brush is "too soft" in his opinion.

Could you help explain which of your brushes is most suitable for the job.

And for a bit more info, did any of your brushes get designed with solar panels specifically in mind.

Thanks in advance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Masons

When he answer he will say the black xtreme is the brush to use it is soft but cleans great for solar panels /emoticons/smile.png bet i am right /emoticons/tongue.png:p

Hi Masons

The Jungle Drums were beating and I heard my name.

Personally I would recommend the standard DT Flocked brush for solar panels. This will provide best bristle coverage for cleaning as quickly as possible on potentially very dirty glass.

The soft extreme would be fine, but will not scrub quite as hard as the flocked brush.

None of our brushes have been designed exclusively for solar panels (yet) but as solar panels are also glass they will work just as well.

I would recommend either the adjustable resi-neck or the 90 degree carbon neck for cleaning solar panels.

Thanks a bunch, ordering now. /emoticons/smile.png

I'll let everyone know my thoughts on this particular brush when I get it and have used it.

May help someone in the future.

I also bought a Super-Lite Cap.

Made sense so it did.

Back