Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working safely on a roof

Green Pro Clean Ltd

There seems a boom lately in folks wanting to get into roof cleaning and even though I do it myself I dont comment much on it as it is dangerous. A fall from a roof is a good chance of death or worse (crippled in a wheelchair having to listen to the missus saying 'told you so' all day every day)

On another post I gave a price I would charge and the other user thought it was way too expensive. Well..... no. I want to be compensated for risking my life.

Here is a vid off the youtube I like, some may think this overkill but he's going home in one piece.

If you're going to do it then have the decency to do it safely. Also check your insurance policy as most dont cover roof cleaning.

[media]

[/media]

That's the safest way to do it

I wouldn't drill the wall but would be using an ankalad and microlite standoff

Although i don't usually go up on high roofs

I grew up with a roofer and am very confident but still it is a hassle i could do without

Yes people are jumping on the wagon for roof cleaning. Someone asked me how to get in to it and I said how cud he do it as he is shot scared of heights. Highest I go is 2 story normal house.

Does seem like a faff, but when safety is involved I guess it should be done. You won't find me drilling anytime soon though. Thanks for posting Green

Back