Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Asked to do a several jobs advice needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

I was doing an fsg job the other day and was asked if i could do her drive. I explained that i didnt have the equioment but was looking into it and thought nothing more of it. Toady i got asked by several customer if i knew anyone who could do the patios, drives etc and then had the idea of hiring a pressure washer for a week and smashing them all out in one hit. Which then made me think what else would i need and how much to charge per m2. The only pressure washer i could find for hire at a reasonable price is 15lpm and only had the lance and turbo nozzle, would that be sufficient? How much hypo would i need on average and how long should i leave it? Any advice would be great. Ive never thought about it in great detail before so havent done my homework and thought this is probably the best place to start.

@Williams Jet Wash if i remember right your not far from me so do you mind if i ask what you charge? @Eviestevie you know your stuff any pointer for me. I know theres a lot on here who do it just cant remember who you all are. Any help, tips or advice will be greatly recieved, not looking at adding it permenantly, just thought if i get several requests i could hire one and do them all in one hit

Hi @Clisty1989 the price various wildly you have to view each job and go from there really. My notes when I price a pressure washing job include 1. Outside tap 2. Drainage points 3. Surface I.e block paving, patio, decking. 4. Obstacles in way pots tables.

Agree with above

With experience you will know what to look for check etc

Like tap pressure is a must

Good money to be made although I'd personally be tempted to buy rather than rent

They don't take long to pay for themselves

15lpm is fine but I'd always recommend a 21llm now

its nice if you have a machine just to be able to whip it out if you've got a job no going hire centre etc making sure they got one then returning next day

Agree with aboveWith experience you will know what to look for check etc

Like tap pressure is a must

Good money to be made although I'd personally be tempted to buy rather than rent

They don't take long to pay for themselves

15lpm is fine but I'd always recommend a 21llm now

its nice if you have a machine just to be able to whip it out if you've got a job no going hire centre etc making sure they got one then returning next day
If all goes well then i may buy one, im going to see how this goes first, id rather test the water with these jobs to see if its something that id like to keep doing, i dont have the funds to buy one on the off chance its gonna work out

Yes mate that makes sense

What I did was line up far few jobs and book them in the following month then when I could see the work bought my first machine ready for jobs

First 3 jobs paid for itself

I booked in 2 patio and pathway jobs for February today

Been showing my customers some pics and explaining what i can do for them

I'm busy at the moment but selling it as a service ready for next spring and nice clean patios

Definitely gonna get a decent 21lpm soon

I booked in 2 patio and pathway jobs for February todayBeen showing my customers some pics and explaining what i can do for them

I'm busy at the moment but selling it as a service ready for next spring and nice clean patios

Definitely gonna get a decent 21lpm soon
I can help you mate

Ta buddy

I have been looking on fleabay but don't know what I'm looking at really

@Eviestevie how much would your new machine cost to build not on a trolley?

I could build one and stick it in a van permanently

If you can source a good gx390 engine your half way there

Plenty if keep I eye on eBay

Just make sure it has the right shaft

The rest I can help with parts etc

The loncin engines get very good reviews and are used I lot of commercial generators and lot cheaper than honda

@Eviestevie how much would your new machine cost to build not on a trolley?I could build one and stick it in a van permanently
I can get you a machine at cost brand new

If mounted in van just need to make sure it's close to the side door etc for the exhaust fumes

I'm seeing plenty of ££££'s in this power washing lark combined with some softwash that i have been experimenting with

Hopefully this will be my last winter as just a windie

Windows will be just to fill in gaps

I was doing an fsg job the other day and was asked if i could do her drive. I explained that i didnt have the equioment but was looking into it and thought nothing more of it. Toady i got asked by several customer if i knew anyone who could do the patios, drives etc and then had the idea of hiring a pressure washer for a week and smashing them all out in one hit. Which then made me think what else would i need and how much to charge per m2. The only pressure washer i could find for hire at a reasonable price is 15lpm and only had the lance and turbo nozzle, would that be sufficient? How much hypo would i need on average and how long should i leave it? Any advice would be great. Ive never thought about it in great detail before so havent done my homework and thought this is probably the best place to start.@Williams Jet Wash if i remember right your not far from me so do you mind if i ask what you charge? @Eviestevie you know your stuff any pointer for me. I know theres a lot on here who do it just cant remember who you all are. Any help, tips or advice will be greatly recieved, not looking at adding it permenantly, just thought if i get several requests i could hire one and do them all in one hit
There is an alternative - find someone who already does this kind of thing and sell the leads to them. The advantage is that you'll get paid for the introduction without having to figure out the economics of doing the job and in the meantime you can spend some time doing the research into whether it's something you want to get into in the long term.

I would always suggest selling a lead for unfamiliar work to someone who knows what they're doing - all it takes is a few telephone calls. If it becomes a regular occurrence - then's the time to look into whether you want to branch out.

Yes mate that makes senseWhat I did was line up far few jobs and book them in the following month then when I could see the work bought my first machine ready for jobs

First 3 jobs paid for itself
What else will i need?

You just need a decent machine

I recommend a Honda engined onegx390

And 21lpm

Although 15 is still a beast

They come all setup ready to go so fill with petrol and blast away

The price depends on how big the drives are and always look for drainage, that is the one biggest problem with washing drives. Just because the drive has a drain don't assume that the water actually runs in that direction!

If they are small drives (50sqm or under) then you can get away with a turbo nozzle but it is hard on the arms, anything over and a Flat Surface Cleaner will be very useful.

For bog standard, easy to clean, good drainage block paved drives I charge £2.00/sqm which seems standard around here (we have quite a few windies and gardeners who offer it as an additional service).

Give it a go but it is not an easy job, I am knackered at the end of the day especially if I have been re-sanding all day!

Might be worth going out pressure washing with someone for the day before spending loads of money.

You just need a decent machineI recommend a Honda engined onegx390

And 21lpm

Although 15 is still a beast

They come all setup ready to go so fill with petrol and blast away
evi mate how much coin for one off these machines

I have one for sale on the forum

It's a brand new Honda gx390 with cool drive reduction much better than a normal reduction doesn't transfer heat to pump

Interpump ws202

All quick release fittings

Return to tank and easy start valve

Lance with turbo

High pressure hose

Powder coated red flake

This machine I built is a one off and machines off not good spec fetch about 1800 I'm asking 950

When it's gone it's gone

what a bargain for someone

evie i,m after loads of info on soft washing, and power washing thinking of adding this to my business

do you have any videos, have been looking on youtube.

When i,ve been out grafting noticed loads of potential for block paving and cleaning walls

Back