Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny roof trad

paulio

Hey, got my first conny roof to clean, any tips from you experienced guys on doing this trad? Is it just a case of ladder and ext pole? or are there any trade secrets to make my life easier?

Wet it up all round first then start with your pole do top part first then do the rest by hand if you can reach

VIROSOL! Yes I am shouting lol- it's that good!

It cut the time I take in half for conny roofs.
I've read alot about it but always seems to be the wfp guys using it, would it still be worth using if I'm cleaning it trad?

VIROSOL! Yes I am shouting lol- it's that good!

It cut the time I take in half for conny roofs.
I've read alot about it but always seems to be the wfp guys using it, would it still be worth using if I'm cleaning it trad?
Definatley i have bought it for trad jobs that want the frames doing i have a few of these to do next week lol .

What do you do with the virosol in terms of getting the roof glass clean or is it just for the frames. Explain please. I just run a brush over mine connected to a hose as don't really go for conny roofs & my custies are happy with that (prob coz I only charge a tenner) but have quite a few custies asking & have read about this virosol but don't really no anything about it.

hose, extension pole with a brush into the bucket, scrub the roof from a ladder , then hose again, but always use the hose on a sprinkler type setting and let it fall down on the roof, conny roofs are never that watertight and are known to spring leaks if blasted directly

I find it great on PVC but with cony roofs it seems to make the plastic really dull, so if you do use it to lift the muck off the roof, use Ecover or something like that afterwards

hose, extension pole with a brush into the bucket, scrub the roof from a ladder , then hose again, but always use the hose on a sprinkler type setting and let it fall down on the roof, conny roofs are never that watertight and are known to spring leaks if blasted directly
So you hose it down. Clean it with brush & I take it your bucket has virosol in it. How much?. Then just hose down & it's clean. Is that right? Also wheres best place to buy it?

i dont use virosol, i just use the bucket im using for the windows,(fairy), also the brush i have started life as a boat cleaning brush and is remarkably good at getting the dirt off. virosol or other cleaners might be needed if the plastics are really bad, or just put a little bit of bleach in the bucket, but generally fairy does just as good a job on roof glass as window glass!lol

and yh, hose it, brush it, hose it, done!

Back