Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Strange one....

windyman

Right, someone see if they can help here-

I use a backpack for most of my houses, but also have a van system.

I've noticed that sometimes when I do a window wfp, it seems to 'soap up'- loads of bubbles like soap.

Originally I thought the owner had used fairy on the windows between my cleans, then it happened on another house, and I though soap was getting on my brush- but this was impossible as my brush kept in a tube inside my van, nowhere near any soap.

Today- I've figured out what it is- It's when I use my van mount.

Each time this has happened, I've been using my van system. Now the bubbles clear up after a few mins, but for the first few windows, I have to go over them again as they look soapy!

It must be my 100m microbore hose- Could this have a residue on the inside???

This only happens when I haven't used my van mount for a few days or weeks.

Anyone got a clue? I'm baffled!

thats happened to me, not often but enough for me to notice it, i always go back & check when it happens i've no idea why though but i only use a backpack

i always use the same pole, i've 2 backpack which i alternate. i've never seen it on a first clean its always on ones i've done before 'spooky' ghost soap

It's def to do with oxygen bubbles in microbore mate. I never used to get it with 15mm but this happens to me everyday now since using microbore. It's not soap it's the air escaping - when you run it through 15mm you never see it because it has a bigger outlet /emoticons/sad.png

It's def to do with oxygen bubbles in microbore mate. I never used to get it with 15mm but this happens to me everyday now since using microbore. It's not soap it's the air escaping - when you run it through 15mm you never see it because it has a bigger outlet /emoticons/wink.png
Ahhh ok. So it will be fine then? That kinda makes sense.

I always use same pole no matter if using backpack or van, so that explanation sounds right.

Thanks for help.

It's def to do with oxygen bubbles in microbore mate. I never used to get it with 15mm but this happens to me everyday now since using microbore. It's not soap it's the air escaping - when you run it through 15mm you never see it because it has a bigger outlet /emoticons/biggrin.png
Ahhh ok. So it will be fine then? That kinda makes sense.

I always use same pole no matter if using backpack or van, so that explanation sounds right.

Thanks for help.
No dramas - I will get a number 1 soon /emoticons/smile.png

Back