Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The bigger picture

Laugher

hi guys,

I'm starting to get to the point where I could do with taking someone 2/3 days a week to keep on top of my work currently,

Looking at the bigger picture, as like most of us all do I want to make a decent living earning as much as I can and have a business I can be proud, and maybe when the time comes sellable.

I've currently thought of 3 possible ideas to take the business forward and hopefully to achieve the comment above and was hoping for your guys advice and input about the ideas

1) to employ and keep taking on more work and possibly get a few vans on the road eventually

2) to start franchising the business and putting a franchise in areas I work in

3) to get rid of underpriced work and work further a field and have compact well priced round making decent money

Start with the @Damo trafic light system (patent probably pending) /emoticons/tongue.png

Print out your entire client base.

Green highlighter for well priced good work with good paying customers.

Yellow highlighter for work that maybe a bit underpriced or out the way and needs bumping up a couple of quid to make them Green.

Red marker for all the lousy access, dog turds, slow payers, messerd etc.

A = Visit all the reds and explain what they need to do to stay on your rounds. (Pay promptly, pick up turds etc) and get them moved up to green.

B = Avoid headache and sell or dump all reds.

Nexr re-evaluate your round and see if you really still need a helper now all the dregs are gone and move forward from a position of strength.

lol i had a first clean recently where i found a condom and dead cig butts on the window seal match that with about 3 weeks of rubbish dumped in back yard to jump over would these kind of people be red?

When I quoted the job I could see the state of the place I so I put in a £30 first clean which to my suppose they accepted now£ 15 thereafter I cleaned the glass not the sill on the offending window!!

Start with the @Damo trafic light system (patent probably pending) /emoticons/tongue.png
Print out your entire client base.

Green highlighter for well priced good work with good paying customers.

Yellow highlighter for work that maybe a bit underpriced or out the way and needs bumping up a couple of quid to make them Green.

Red marker for all the lousy access, dog turds, slow payers, messerd etc.

A = Visit all the reds and explain what they need to do to stay on your rounds. (Pay promptly, pick up turds etc) and get them moved up to green.

B = Avoid headache and sell or dump all reds.

Nexr re-evaluate your round and see if you really still need a helper now all the dregs are gone and move forward from a position of strength.
Thanks!

I'll start with that and see what is left.

I believe I'm in a good area to create a very good business and a large business

Whilst cleaning this one next doors old lady scuttled out front door and asked me for quote and accepted so not all bad
I always keep this in mind, I'll always give people a one clean benefit of the doubt, as theres potential it could have a a knock effect, picked up like half a street as a result etc. Or shops, gyms, etc!

Latest Posts

Back