Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Local windy

jlow

So met the local windy a couple of days ago introduced myself was very pleasant to him and within 2mins i was duelly informed in a gruff voice i reckon i have 80% of this village [emoji16] so 1) do i just say forget jas theres plenty others or B) i take that as a small challenge just to annoy him cant make up my mind hee hee answers on a postcard please???

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Ask him for a list of his customers and prices he charges.(then you keep clear of them) After all you wouldn't want to encroach on his territory would you.

Business is business, carry on doing what you're doing. If he's any good his customers will stay with him. I personally don't care where my customers come from and who used to clean their windows as long as they pay me the price I quote.

Over the years I have taken what other window cleaners tell me about what work they have to usually contain around 20% truth.

Had a window cleaner phone me up about some work recently(who I don't know)tell me within the first five minutes how he had 8k a month with 4 lads out yet he was subbing work of someone at £100 a day because he was bored at home.

Window cleaners like to exaggerate.

I posted a similar message a while ago in another thread but I have found since I started the only windies in my area that are full of bull sh $t are the ones that are charging about £5-7 per house and doing rubbish job only cleaning glass etc. I have picked up so many charging double just cos I do frames sills every time etc. The quality windies round here are friendly and aknowledge ya cos if u do a good job there's loads of work for everyone. The ones that need to create stuff and boast are the ones that ain't doing so well in my experience.

Am in agreement there chris clean i watched him only clean the glass left the rest dripping thought what a bloody let down u r mate and defo full o pish (scuse the language) i actually asked what he would take to do mine all old fashioned windows takes me at least an hour to do answer was £7 that said it all

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ignore and do your thing! Potentially trying to put you off bothering with the area yes.

When I started canvassing, done so first in my home town with terrible fliers (that's another story). Anyway, during this time I got the main local guys number to see if he'd sell me work.

He wasn't best pleased that I'd been canvassing 'his customers' as he called them,and told me there were already three guys working the town and I'd be better starting elsewhere.

I've around 100 plus houses here now,and theres scope for a lot more for me and the others working here. They just don't like the competition, and are all not as friendly a bunch as I'd imagined

Ignore and do your thing! Potentially trying to put you off bothering with the area yes.
When I started canvassing, done so first in my home town with terrible fliers (that's another story). Anyway, during this time I got the main local guys number to see if he'd sell me work.

He wasn't best pleased that I'd been canvassing 'his customers' as he called them,and told me there were already three guys working the town and I'd be better starting elsewhere.

I've around 100 plus houses here now,and theres scope for a lot more for me and the others working here. They just don't like the competition, and are all not as friendly a bunch as I'd imagined
Yeah ! And there's competition in every trade ! If they think it's " their area" I'm guessing They need a reality-check. My philosophy is just move on , keep a game-face and may the best guy stand tall . :hehehe:

You obviously don't want to get on the wrong side of another windy, but you have every right to canvass wherever you want, and if you do get some customers, it's none of his business. If he says anything again in this vein, ask him to show you his list so that you will not call on them. I bet he won't!!

Seen one of his workers this morning doin a shop i just took off him and advised he better go speak to the guy about it his answer you can have the smelly f×÷+r its not worth me doing it mmmmm ....doesnt say a lot for him!!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back