Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wfp backpack lpm ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

what sort of lpm should i be looking for on a back pack ?

I have been looking at the Gardiners backpack and it say 1-2 LPM

is this enough water ? what output does everyone elses systems produce ??

I'm looking to buy a decent reliable backpack so has anyone got any suggestions ?

I gotta wcw one. Nice bright orange & works terrific. I also got a spare from eBay £99 (from extend2wash) and that also works well. I fitted a hozelock on mine with a flow controller so I can which is next to me at all times so once I've done a window I can turn it straight off. They say the new gardiners one coming out looks good but to me at the end of the day as long as water comes out that's all that matters IMO.

you know i've no idea what mine are . i'll look now

its 3.1 l/m but its got 3 speeds & i only ever use the slowest, mine is extend2wash 505 good & sturdy but more expensive than gardiners

Hi Gav B, 1 litre a min would mean you will have to work slower.

I have always thought it would be better to get a battery powered jet washer, than these cheaper sprayers that are available.

You can quickly change the water containers when empty with a jet washer and they look more suitable for wfp than sprayers; so quicker to use and you can have a higher flow rate.

I have been intending to try the Mobi V-17 version but just haven’t had the time (it has gone up in price now it was £120 not long ago, if you don’t need the hose parts provided maybe you can get it a bit cheaper

Have a look at the links - http://www.mobiwasher.co.uk/shop/product/v17/

http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index.php

Richard

That looks interesting Richard, I'd like to try using one of those.

Any advantage over a backpack wfp? Do they have variable speed control? Otherwise you could empty a pack in seconds lol.

higher flow rate is not always good as i said i use the slowest, a pressure washer would splash all over the spot. the mobi cant be carried on your back, no speed control, doesn't say how long a charge lasts, cant be used in freezing conditions lol but mine can. access to on/off switch ??? pressure switch ???? sorry but i only use backpacks, all day every day so i know what i'm looking for

I think they are far better quality and better value - more suited for wfp. Have a read about them yourself on the website, plenty of information their and there are also some videos of both types working.

You can alter the flow rate and quickly change the battery and water container; all you would have to do is add a longer wfp hose.

Richard

i looked at your link & cant find any more info ? but i use mine on my back i dont want to be stopping & picking it up all the time nor having to change/carry batteries if they dont last a full day. can you put a link to the full specs please

I had a good look at the nomad one and what I can see pressures good 90psi 2.1lpm for corded one but no use as backpack and 98psi 2.15lpm for 18v cordless but charge only lasts about half hour.

To buy it with a second battery which you would need and in car charger would bump the price up to £270. I'm guessing you could diy a decent trolley system for less than that, or buy a backpack and put a better pump in it.

Simon you’re more experienced than I am on these, but it does sound like you have already discounted battery jet washer over battery sprayers, Gav. B wanted some suggestions so I though it worth considering these battery jet washers.

Maybe you can put up all the specs to the backpack you have battery size and power output of the pump flow rate, psi pressure, tank size, weight, cost etc, so comparisons can be made and recommendations from backpack users like yourself and others can give a more balanced review.

I did say I haven’t used one, but the battery jet washer looks like they are worth some consideration, depending on how often it is used maybe?

Richard

Simon you’re more experienced than I am on these, but it does sound like you have already discounted battery jet washer over battery sprayers, Gav. B wanted some suggestions so I though it worth considering these battery jet washers.

Maybe you can put up all the specs to the backpack you have battery size and power output of the pump flow rate, psi pressure, tank size, weight, cost etc, so comparisons can be made and recommendations from backpack users like yourself and others can give a more balanced review.

I did say I haven’t used one, but the battery jet washer looks like they are worth some consideration, depending on how often it is used maybe?

Richard
yeh your right richard i'll have a look to***ht

i may of been a bit harsh there richard, soz, just had a lot of people recommending things lately.

i should be welcoming any new ideas for making the job easier & cheaper keep the sugestions coming & i'll stay out of the sun

What have the pressure washer got that the backpacks havnt? They look pretty decent machines.

pressure washer 17 ltr 7.7kg £149.99. pump psi 43.5 - 130.5. variable pressure. fittings conversion kit £20 cant find any more details

my bpack 18 ltr 5.5kg £139. 3 speeds. pump psi 70 works for 6hrs holds charge 3/4 days comes with your choice of fittings

there are smaller cheaper versions of mine out there

I asked the cleaning warehouse whh they didnt sell them and was told they are not made for wfp they were originally designed for crop spraying and they end up breaking and causing yhem hassle so they stopped selling them .

I asked the cleaning warehouse whh they didnt sell them and was told they are not made for wfp they were originally designed for crop spraying and they end up breaking and causing yhem hassle so they stopped selling them .
Why they didn't sell what gav the pressure washer type ?

Ah rite, mine seems to be doing the job, that was from wcw also it is a dashing color of bright orange lol

im going to have a good look around and see whats what .

I think we should get some comparisons up on the site of who is using what and where the bought them from .

Why they didn't sell what gav the pressure washer type ?
That's surprised me. My dashing orange 1 is going ok to although the 1st one I had leaked. A big company like that should be making them & making them right. Ain't we got a chap on here from wcw. Try extend2 wash gav on eBay. He does quite a variety of different ones. Just put in window cleaning backpacks. I got one off him & it seems fine.

my first was a shureflo got it from america through ebay about £160 i think, that lasted till 2 yrs ago but very limited use ,when the circuit board went since then ive got 2 etend2clean 505's was impressed with the 1st so got a 2nd as a spare but nowts gone wrong yet apart from loose screws & torn strapping they're tough machines still got same batteries, gotta be honest though gardiners is cheaper & looks good & by the time i need a new 1 (about 5 yrs i think) they'll be well tried out

Back