Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making pure water

Posh

Ok chaps. I wanna start making my own but havent got a clue where to start. What do I need & how much roughly will it cost. Also to let you know I live in a flat with no outside tap but do have a little place where I have a shed and a water butt. My hose does reach from my kitchen to this little garden I have. Over to you.

Buy a bigger water butt - ill bet the rain water is quite pure in itself

As above tho really - a Tds test will decide what equipment you need

Right got my Tds metre today and my water is 278. So going back to my original question what will I need to make my own pure water.

If u not in a rush for water, buy a 10 inch 450 gpd ro with Di for about £200. That's what I use and I get 400l in about 8 hours.

Or if u rich, buy the 20 or 40 inch filters and ro membrane. fortune tho

No one close enough to get it from. My mates been giving it me but it's a fair drive over there. Just fancied a go me self but as said I really don't know what to get.

If your not going to use JUST 100 litres a month.. then a di would be fine i guess...

Thats only if your going to use 100 litres per month. If your going to use more i suggest you dont get a DI

Back