Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Switching from trad to pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Whizz-Bizz

Had a lengthy chat with one of my cleaners today in regards to switching from trad to pole, just wondering what or how is the best way to minimise drop rate. Any suggestions ?

There is no easy way to be honest. Some people will never move away from trad or ever trust a pole. Best way I found was to explain the difficulty in getting insurance for trad as apposed to wfp. That along with the "im using pure water" speech is the only hope

2 Options we have been looking at are to pole the tops then trad the bottoms for a few cleans or write letters explaining the benefits of the pole I do know people are sceptical about new things. What sort of drop ratio do you think there would be ?

Explain the benefits to your customers.

1. You get the same standard of cleaning but minimising risk of damage to the property (marks in grass, walls, sills or gutters and potential breaks from falls).

2. Cheaper price for a frame clean (it is that speedy I myself reduced the average price of a window+frames clean).

3. Safer for your health (minimises the risk of you being hurt, helps comply with health and safety regulations).

4. Increases the amount of work you are able to do in an day (therefore keeping price increases to a minimum, wether it actually does or not is up to you, but is possible).

5. Keeps insurance costs down which helps our business financially (again keeping price increases to a minimum).

6. Potential to reach higher windows or ones that are hard to reach (above conservatories etc)

All the things I've stated are basic knowledge.

If you didn't think of all the things I've said and you've been wfp for a while then you're not a good salesman, as salesmen think of every possible way to persuade potential customers to change.

2 of my customers got rid when I changed, both old couples and change wasn't for them. Boo hoo I say (sarcasm).

Thats all very obvious what I'm looking for is the magic bullet, the golden goose of an answer.

You know if I was to write a letter to the clients I would include all of your answers and benefits that you provided as they are so obvious.

There has to be a better way, but I'm too busy to try and test options just want more bang for my buck in that respect hence the question.

Even thought about just dont tell them its being switched over, what sort of reaction would that get do you think ?

^I didn't tell half mine as they're always out when I do windows, one couple complained and I said I'd done them like that 4 times.

Shut them up it did.

Hows this sound, dont tell no one but have letters in the van so when its whats all this we can be like oh did I not give you a letter here you go then show them the pole in action and say ive done it a few times for you now and you never complained.

just changes most dont care as long as clean, you will get ones that moan, but they are usually the ones looking for an excuse to cancel, and after a few months, some custys will say can you go back trad, and you will drop them rather than do trad again,

just change em most wont notice, & as long as you do a 100% bang on job 99% wont care if you loose a couple so what, i always loose 2/3 one who worked from home said she didn't like the noise of the brush on the glass lol there's not even a sensible answer to that one, i just give her a big wave as i'm doing her neighbours

I changed over last year I explained to few I was changing and had none cancel on me it's look of draw really some people think old way is best

Hows this sound, dont tell no one but have letters in the van so when its whats all this we can be like oh did I not give you a letter here you go then show them the pole in action and say ive done it a few times for you now and you never complained.
Exactly what to do. Play dumb and only address the ones who have a problem with it. Most people have seem someone use wfp these days so will know what it is. As for the stubborn ones just explain. As for drop ratio, it was tiny. I have around 300 custys and prob lost around 5. Had to convince a few but as I'd been regular cleaner they were willing to give it a chance.

Isn't it posable for the ones who arnt keen just do trad? I mix trad and wfp I have a old guy who says wfp doesn't work and it leaves his windows wet :-/ so I trad them.

yeh i did that for a long time & thought i would always keep some trad, but then i got a van & its a pain getting ladders on & off so now i only trad ground floor stuff , but if the job was worth it i'd certainly trad it

Back