Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Size of pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its not worth getting involved with from experience. The cost of a suitable pole will cost more than you can recoup cleaning the odd Velux window, especially when they can be swiveled around and the outside cleaned from the inside.

We clean a house that has a velux window and I'm able to just reach it with an SLX22 (It can't be reached from inside as its too high up in the roof line). We have another house, probably more of a Bungalow with a bedroom in the attic. We need an SLX25 to clean that.

I have another in an old Victoria house which I can just reach with my SLX40 and that only because the ground at the back is raised up.

We have a couple of other houses (3 or 4 years old) with the third bedroom and bathroom in the loft space. I can't reach them with my SLX40 as I have to stand too far back. I worked out that if I did have a long enough pole to reach, the back fence would be in the way.

We have numerous Victorian terrace street houses we clean. 90% of them all have loft conversions with velux windows. We have never been asked to clean them; we have never offered either.

I'm not going to advise the other way to clean them as that's against H & S.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the problem the velux cant be reached in most of homes from inside thats y they r asking me to get them outside ive said unless i get most of the houses im not willing to spend the money on a large pole am buyin a back pack anyway but the price of some of the poles is silly money

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back