Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What ppm do you change your resin?

When it is too high to be confident you will have no spotting

I have an ro and don't run through di but get perfect results with 4ppm and have used it at 13 with no spots but others..i think @spruce is one of them has said that 3ppm will cause spotting where they are

No one can say what your water will be like

I only go up to 5, and some will not go past 000.

Know one wants to push there luck, but if I changed my resin every time it hit 001 then I would be broke.

Recently I had a job with no water tap, Big first clean and needed pure due to height and obstacles,

This was when my water hit 10 ppm, Well I changed the resin and filled some bottles with 000, but kept a couple of the 10S for the initial cleaning and will be trying these on my own house soon.

I had mine at 12 last Friday & it was fine & I'm in a hard water area.. I done my first resin change yesterday & it went to 0.8 after.. I done a first clean what hadn't been cleaned in 2 years today with fascia & windows & left everything gleaming [emoji41] but I think I going to have to have a little fiddle around as I'd like for it to be down to atleast 0.3

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

When it is too high to be confident you will have no spottingI have an ro and don't run through di but get perfect results with 4ppm and have used it at 12 with no spots but others..i think @spruce is one of them has said that 3ppm will cause spotting where they are

No one can say what your water will be like

It was 6ppm @daveyboy. When out tap tds was at 250+ the rejection rate was 4ppm. A supplier told me that I didn't need to use resin as 4ppm was fine for cleaning windows. However, the difference between 4 and 6 was far too close for comfort.

We also live on the North Coast so sea spray is another issue we have to contend with. So for me, water needs to be 000 to be absolutely sure. We also rinse more than we do for in land customers.

I bet the salt is a right pain

It's weird how it differs everywhere

I can clean with 12ppm and know it is fine although i wouldn

I cleaned with 003 on my own house and got some spotting, and just like Spruce I change as soon as I notice any change above 000 my tap water is approx 260 RO is 006 it's a hard water area for limescale so don't know if that's a major factor with the water in my area.

I cleaned with 003 on my own house and got some spotting, and just like Spruce I change as soon as I notice any change above 000 my tap water is approx 260 RO is 006 it's a hard water area for limescale so don't know if that's a major factor with the water in my area.
I'm sure that must make a difference.

I also don't believe that we can see faint spotting from the outside like you can from the inside in low level light conditions. Our water isn't hard with very little lime and I noticed it at 6ppm although I was looking very closely. I doubt a customer would notice it with a casual glance. (We do have a little lime in the water as we occasionally have to descale the kettle.)

@spruce im in same boat as work on sea front most of my work is on the coast and 000 there is a must for shorealso hot wfp is a must as well to get the best resalts salt is the big thing in town i go through loads of water as well more than inland thats for shore

I change mine at .005 tds and never had problems. I'm in a hard water area and Tap is usually around .400 tds.

If I get problems with spotting it's rare and usually around vents. Nothing to do with quality of water

I change mine at .005 tds and never had problems. I'm in a hard water area and Tap is usually around .400 tds.If I get problems with spotting it's rare and usually around vents. Nothing to do with quality of water
Not 100% if mine or your water comes from hanningfield resevoiur as I was once told there where lots of underground pockets of water, also your tap water ppm seems a fair bit higher than mine.

Essex & Suffolk supply mine and I believe it is from Hanningfield. My tap tds fluctuates. It has been as low as .375 but it's not often.

Mostly it's between .390 and .425

@spruce im in same boat as work on sea front most of my work is on the coast and 000 there is a must for shorealso hot wfp is a must as well to get the best resalts salt is the big thing in town i go through loads of water as well more than inland thats for shore
One day I'll get my diesel heater up and running /emoticons/wink.png

go gas m8 its much cheeper under £200 and ur set upG-)
Wow thats high ppm -375, I can't imagine. Our ppm is 37 in my town and my DI tank is at 1 ppm and I'm contemplating changing the resin, I'm feeling spoilt after reading what some of you have to deal with. Good for you to have it figured out though....well done.

as soon as its 00,1 we change as its simple to work out , its called pure water cleaning , not oh lets see what I can get way with cleaning

Wow thats high ppm -375, I can't imagine. Our ppm is 37 in my town and my DI tank is at 1 ppm and I'm contemplating changing the resin, I'm feeling spoilt after reading what some of you have to deal with. Good for you to have it figured out though....well done.
sory bud im talking £200 for a gas heater not 200 ppm my tds is 75 ish in devon::):

soon as i see 001 i change it, today i tested my tank and it was 003ppm, had forgotten to change resin so i stuck a d.i in front of hose reel whilst working to take it down, really dont like working above 0

I ended marrying a second tank which read 3 to my large tank which read 1 and I ended up back at 0 ppm reading going to the watered pole. I'll keep an eye on it but putting a second tank to my original helps us so much when we run into a higher than 1 reading.....just a thought for some who may want to try this.

Back