Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing this job

Have you been asked to price this?

It is almost impossible to price a job of this size from pictures.

You can't tell if picture 2 the building has a height of 50ft or 60ft from the pic it could slope down and be 70ft.

There are loads of things that will effect the price height, frequency does it require access equipment?

Do they require Rams some hospitals what you to have chas and safecontractor the list of varibles is endless.

You can not look at a job of that size and say xxxx amount with out a proper site visit.

Have you been asked to price this?It is almost impossible to price a job of this size from pictures.

You can't tell if picture 2 the building has a height of 50ft or 60ft from the pic it could slope down and be 70ft.

There are loads of things that will effect the price height, frequency does it require access equipment?

Do they require Rams some hospitals what you to have chas and safecontractor the list of varibles is endless.

You can not look at a job of that size and say xxxx amount with out a proper site visit.
Yeah I gather the height of some wich will be done with a cherry picker etc third hundreds off windows I'm new company in the local area they were very intrested into what I do and about so it looked good so advice is welcome

Way too much hassle if you're busy doing residentials. I hate jobs coming in that upset the apple cart.

I agree. Being new its easy to get excited about this. But as @Tuffers points out, what about your residential customers? This will take a single cleaner ages to clean.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the hospital would not accept a single cleaner as they would probably ask for a bankman in certain sections of the hospital because of the danger to the public. Are you able to barrier sections off and 'police' that on your own?

Have you been asked to price this?It is almost impossible to price a job of this size from pictures.

Its going to be the paperwork that will be a nightmare.

This is a job for a commercial contractor who is setup to handle jobs like this with previous experience and creditations. They will put a gang of cleaners onto it and finish it, moving onto the next big job.

You will waste hours on preparing a quotation when they probably have no intention of employing you for the job.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that a job is above your capabilities. I wouldn't even look at it with going on 12 years wfp experience.

But its your choice in the end.

I would take a job like this, I'm not big.

I think the first question is what accreditation do I need and do I have it, if you don't then utter waste of time of course.

Then if q one is answered and all good 2nd q is... Is really person asking to quote actually the person who makes the decision, you would probably have a touch of luck if it is, if it is then this also means your quote may actually mean something, so then do a Rams, very easy but you can asses do I need a banker, cherry picker and driver or pole etc etc.

Then work out plan of attack how you will clean and how many days, then I price big jobs with day rate (commercial) X days (plus 1 for luck) + expenses, I am lucky in that I have a good cherry driver I have worked with that is used to commercial work and is good a saying how long the job at hand will take from his perspective.

Pricing a job is not that difficult when you break down but as others have said sometimes getting it is more hassle then worth but if you are new the whole experience is good imo, that was my view on my first big contract and I got it!

Good luck either way.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hospitals will get a few quotes from companies. Your need a risk assessment form filled out with your quote and maybe a working method statement also. Best to charge day rate on how long it would take you to do the job and then you got hire costs if you want cherry picker plus running costs tax insurance ect then add little extra money then see how much all that is how much you quote them

ive just quoted a job like this , 4 times a year outside , and 2 times a year inside , they want 10million on your insureance cover , all staff dbs checked ect ect ect

we went in at 9k + vat the last company were utter poop and missed loads of windows and hardly ever turned up and got a night porter to sign the job off i right hash of a company

we didn't get the job ! they give it back to the last company that they were unhappy with, that charged 12k+vat and they signed them up for 5 years and half way thought the contract it goes up too 14k + vat

Back