Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery dead

Andy

My leisure battery has let me down 2 days on the trot. It's a 88ah about a year old. Iv taken it to Euro car parts today it's 45% charged and the health was 24% but not enough to run my varistream controller. I charge it every night. Any recommendations for my next battery please.

Halfords all day long. I researched leisure battery's for months. Any problems, all they do is plug it into diag machine. If it comes up faulty, its changed instantly.

I got 2 new batteries for my van. 1 came duff. Got auto electrician to fill form in. Not good enough. In the end I popped it down to Halfords fro a free test. Test said faulty. The excepted that, then replaced it.

Some leisure batteries are just car batteries with a bigger price. There is a standards fro them. Only a few manufactures reached it. Halfords were one of those.YUASA make there batteries

Yep; but they cost a lot more. £108 delivered from Tanya. Numax £64.00 delivered from the same company.

They weigh similar amounts (21kgs) so does this mean that the Trojan has a similar amount of lead as the Numax? Weight of Leisure batteries was usually an indicator of quality as the more lead they used, the heavier the battery.

its not down to the weight its down to the quality of the lead 110s are best for wfp ive had mine on the van for three years and never even looked at it in all this time as it under the drivers seat out the way god knows what you lot do to them on here

Thanks all. I looked at the euro car parts website as my local branch is only a mile from me. Got a lion 110ah leisure battery 2 year guarantee £56

Was £120 reduced to £84 doing a online promo put in code that was on website down to £56.

Back