Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do any of you do 6 / 12 weekly cleans?

jamiesmack

A few of my customers have been complaining that 4 weeks seems to be too often, and wanting to switch to 8 weekly. Was thinking of converting everyone to 6 weekly.

Anyone else done this?

Just put the ones who want 8 on 8 and then do them every other time you do that part of the round

I do monthly and 2 monthly which in effect is just over 4 weekly and 8 weekly but the customers like it better

Psychological i think as they don't ever get it done twice in the same month

I do four and eight weekly plus a few on twelve weekly who I charge a higher price.

I make it clear to the customers that it's four weekly right from the off so there's no surprises if I turn up twice a month occasionally. I reality, a lot of my four weekly ones end up being done monthly. Over the course of the four weeks I'll end up getting a day or two behind or losing a day to the weather or just fancy a day off. I used to stress about it a bit but I don't give it much thought any more. I'll get there when I get there (within reason) and they can find someone else if they don't like it.

Was having same issue when I started this, now have monthly, two monthly, three monthly and even a few 4 monthly customers. I offer them advice but in the end if they happy having it done on the schedule that suits them and are regular paying customers, it kinda frees you up to do other things on those months, lets you arrange your schedule to suit you best.

To be honest where i work is such a small area that i could offer several frequencies and it wouldn't make much difference as every day i work in a loop from my house to the furthest point then back again

I have been toying with that idea

I used to work like that and then put everyone on monthly or 2 monthly but some people when i quote don't want monthly and 2 monthly is too long so am thinking of offering whatever i feel will get me the job as my spreadsheet automatically tells me what is due when anyway

I just prefer for my customers to get what they want, so I ask them how often they'd like them done. If they say any longer than 12 weeks then I say I don't do any longer than that. I only have a few 12 weekly and all the rest are four and eights. If I wasn't a window cleaner I'd want mine done every 12 weeks as that's when they really need doing again.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

if i'm passing the house/area anyway i dont care what frequency they want, i have three 6 monthly jobs, i also never had a price difference for 1,2 or3 monthly cos it never seemed to take any longer but thats starting to change with any new ones

Yep I'm 6-12 weekly. I've tried every option throughout the years and found this one perfect.

I don't have precise days, its always "see you roughly in 6 weeks", that way there is no pressure on me to turn up bang on time, so if I fancy a day off it doesn't bugger any routine up /emoticons/smile.png

Yep I'm 6-12 weekly. I've tried every option throughout the years and found this one perfect.I don't have precise days, its always "see you roughly in 6 weeks", that way there is no pressure on me to turn up bang on time, so if I fancy a day off it doesn't bugger any routine up /emoticons/smile.png
i have no idea how people manage to do a full round at the same time each month do none of them have break downs, school assemblies etc etc , i 'd die of stress after the first month lol

it's best to stick to a schedule you don't want to be cleaning a house one week then coming back next week to do another one in the street because they wanted a diifernt frequency.

pick what works for you say 4 weekly and 8 and offer the customer that,this will make your work flow better,get done quicker which means you will make more money.

if you can pull up in say jones road and get all your work done in one hit it will work out much better for you.

I say 4/5 weeks weather permitting or sometimes I say once a month. I never go twice in the one month

I do 3 & 6 weekly, £2 extra for 6 [emoji1303]

A lot of my custies are old skool and are used to seeing there window cleaner every 2 weeks, some still say c u in 2 weeks as I leave even after cleaning their windows for 2 years.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I do four and eight weekly plus a few on twelve weekly who I charge a higher price.I make it clear to the customers that it's four weekly right from the off so there's no surprises if I turn up twice a month occasionally. I reality, a lot of my four weekly ones end up being done monthly. Over the course of the four weeks I'll end up getting a day or two behind or losing a day to the weather or just fancy a day off. I used to stress about it a bit but I don't give it much thought any more. I'll get there when I get there (within reason) and they can find someone else if they don't like it.
Exactly how I work.

4 or 8 weekly but no set days and quite often it might end up being 5 or 9 weeks if I take on extra work or fancy a day off. I just turn up as close as poss and crack on

I don't know how people can do it who give set days like every 4th Tuesday there's way too many things that can throw it out.

I have too much work n the only work that gets done on time. Is the jobs that either pay the most or I just like doing them. I have work that supposed to be done, monthly, 6 weekly, 8 weekly, 3 n 4 monthly, 6 monthly. Im usually at least 2 weeks late for whatever frequency, had tried selling some of the round, but hadn't worked out yet. It does stress me out being late, as you want to be professional.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

A few of my customers have been complaining that 4 weeks seems to be too often, and wanting to switch to 8 weekly. Was thinking of converting everyone to 6 weekly.
Anyone else done this?
Hi, ive had the same trouble recently too although it's still money in hand when ever you do it,, only trouble is that if word gets round you may end up having more people ask and then your screwed.. I usually just say I can but can't afford to lose work so the price will go up as the Windows will be abit more grotty! .. But the ironic thing is it's usually the same lot saying "oh Your late this month" .. Chin up its winter soon so you may get that "lie in" ha.. Cheers

I have too much work n the only work that gets done on time. Is the jobs that either pay the most or I just like doing them. I have work that supposed to be done, monthly, 6 weekly, 8 weekly, 3 n 4 monthly, 6 monthly. Im usually at least 2 weeks late for whatever frequency, had tried selling some of the round, but hadn't worked out yet. It does stress me out being late, as you want to be professional.
Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
exactly the same for me....always behind

Back