Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My days takings!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

7280853078_b16a275365_c.jpg

9 mackerel I caught while out fishing with my grandfather.

Very nice.

On a side note can I see the van sign writing on the side of your kangoo with the sliding door?

Thanks, your van is different from mine, looks very good.

I'm guessing it's mackerel for supper?

What did you get ten on ladder? I have spent hours on the piers with spinners and feathers.. Half the time I get caught up in rocks and have to cut the line lol. I'm a fly fisherman now

Its a bit of a local thing here belfast, there is about a 2-4 week period once a year the mackerel come in and everyone heads down with spinners and feathers. I used feathers with the silver foil on them, when I caught fish on them they ate the foil, so I switched to a line with two spinners on them, just small ones, about an inch to an inch and a half long, silver as well.

Its because the mackerel come in close to chase the sprat. Tiny little silver fish. You can see them jump out the water trying to escape the mackerel at times.

IMG_6104.JPG

7280853078_b16a275365_c.jpg

9 mackerel I caught while out fishing with my grandfather.
I know what you mean, been fishing myself these last few days as I was doing a spot of dog sitting on the I.O.W.Was down Ryde pier with an old boy and about 5ish, water just started to dance as the white bait were getting hunted by mackerel and school bass.Managed to get 9 mackerel/2 bass so old boy went home with a grand total of 15 mackerel/3 bass.Not bad for 3 hours in the sun and no bait to worry about as just jigging feathers about.

There not many great fishing spots around Belfast lol..

Have been pike fishing, although have never caught one, well I did, but I first had a wee brownie on and a pike came and took the brownie.. Rod just bent right round, no joke 20lb+ pike tail whipped out the water then broke line!! I was out waist deep, so decided to come back in and fish from the jetty..

Was a good spot known for huge pike 40lb+ but something happened to the water? Turned all the fish white and they were all dying.. Seen a pike just float right into the bank and die in front of us

Back