Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White lichen

Lichen can be stubborn especially on roofs where you can't pressure wash it off

It will be dead after a good dose of hypo but getting the stuff to release it's grip on the tiles is hard

Best to leave it to the weather or treat with some biocide and let the weather do it's job over the next few months

You can spray a bit of neat hypo on the spots and wire brush them

That lifts it off most of the time or use a small 6lpm karcher and blast it off without too much water going everywhere

I have a little karcher compact just for that type of thing..still 4000psi but low volume of water

White lichen is really hard to remove you need to put a biocide on so it soaks in and kills the lichen at the roots S/H won't get as deep as a biocide .

If I remember correctly there a calcium based lichen

White lichen is really hard to remove you need to put a biocide on so it soaks in and kills the lichen at the roots S/H won't get as deep as a biocide .If I remember correctly there a calcium based lichen
Yes cheers @James Allen customer didn't seem bothered I'm thinking to start carrying images in paper of my before after photos most of customers who ask me to clean roof have no idea what I'm talking about when j say I will de miss roof then apply a biocide wash- I'm doing a bungalow roof Wedneaday so will apply biocide after time will tell

White lichen is really hard to remove you need to put a biocide on so it soaks in and kills the lichen at the roots S/H won't get as deep as a biocide .If I remember correctly there a calcium based lichen
You are right Jim

I personally would biocide it after i have cleaned the roof so any stubborn stuff will eventually dissapear also

Plus the finish will last longer

Back