Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Elementary

• Thread starter Solarpanelcleanington
  • Start date
S

Solarpanelcleanington

Anyone put an element in their tub? Seems the best way going forward. Any tips or thoughts?

Thinking 2kw

Sod that, making holes in the tank!!! I chuck in 2 aquarium heaters with foam at the top so they float and cannot touch the sides of the tank.

If its really cold, on goes my fogwash gas water heater.

Each to there own, but id always worry that seal around the element could start to leak :eek:

Bought a 500w fish warmer. We'll see what happens.

I'm assuming the most likely to freeze is the hose and pump though. Smaller diameter pipe etc. Wonder if 500w will be enough to stop water from freezing at the brush? Lag the **** out of the tank I guess. More water will stay warmer for longer? Fun and games.......

i,ve got my oil filled radiator readyhalogen heater for garage
Correctomongo duncs. This subject has been covered numerous times and it seems the oil filled radiator is the most efficient, cheapest and simplest method of stopping your gear from freezing.

I set mine on the lowest setting, so as soon as the temperature drops to around 2 degrees, the thermostat clicks in, job done.

Got it in the range.

Back