Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water proof footwear

Dave85

Now the weather is getting wetter. What trainers / boots do you wear that actually keep your feet dry. At the moment I wear cheap trainers and my feet are soaking pretty much at the start of my day then have to work all day with soggy feet /emoticons/sad.png. Not the end of the world but would prefer dry feet and socks whilst I work.any recommendations guys. Thanks

Have a pair of clarks gor-tex leather walking boots for the cold, they are fairly light but decided to get a pair of gor-tex trainers so will mix and match depending on how cold it is either way I should have dry feet. I get miserable fast if my feet are either cold or wet!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Now the weather is getting wetter. What trainers / boots do you wear that actually keep your feet dry. At the moment I wear cheap trainers and my feet are soaking pretty much at the start of my day then have to work all day with soggy feet /emoticons/sad.png. Not the end of the world but would prefer dry feet and socks whilst I work.any recommendations guys. Thanks
I feel your pain I'm feeling the same way as I'm trad don't want to be wearing anything to heavy I like my trainers up and down that ladder like a cat

I wear riggers if it's very cold or wet

Doesn't stop me running about on roofs and ladders if needed

i seen some in wickes , £29 trainer type but steel toe to put in dogs mouths if they get to you. they seem ok, i usually go to sportd direct. waterproof walking shoes. THE CHEAPEST;):clap::clap:

i seen some in wickes , £29 trainer type but steel toe to put in dogs mouths if they get to you. they seem ok, i usually go to sportd direct. waterproof walking shoes. THE CHEAPEST;):clap::clap:, thats all i can afford now. untill back on my feet

I use gelert walking shoes 16.99 from sports direct, and have a set of goretex socks if it gets too wet, you can also get sealskinz socks too

I've been wearing Redback Dealer boots for the past three years now. Fantastic hardwearing boots that are really comfortable, the first pair lasted nearly two years before giving me back ache (heavy on the outside of my heel). As for being warm/waterproof, I bought them in spring and just kept wearing them thinking I'll change into my walking boots when my feet get wet/cold. That never happened, I used Zamberlan Hydrobloc cream to water proof which is excellent.

The leather is 2.4mm unlined and breathes well. I wear good wool socks and the combination of thick midsoles of the boot and a bit of space for air to move around inside the boot they have been warm down to -3. Really surprised.

I'd always gone for Gortex/membrane footwear when in the army but my feet were always freezing. They're not that cheap, but you're on you feet all day (that's how I justified it[emoji6]) Hope this helps. I got them from:

Redback Boots | Official UK distributors for Redback Boots

i buy these snow boots from decathlon i am on about my 4th pair now, everyone hates them as thats all im ever in lol they slip on, waterproof i tested them in a stream but only cost £8 a time /emoticons/smile.png, cracking boots they last about 4 months in total

I use Goretex shoes mainly.And when it get below 0°C My choice Is Winter Boots 2 size bigger than normal, just for The space to wear thick wool socks.

[emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji684]

I'd be tripping over everything with two sizes bigger, already got big feet! but I can see the benefit of extra Wolley socks. I'm a fan of 100% wool, the shops have all these posh winter work socks insulated with padded heal but I've not found any that performs better than wool.

Back