Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Snails Trails

Steve Mcknight

Often slowed down terribly brushing at Snails trails on certain houses. (Usually homes with window cill boxes).

Any tips for quick removal? Or is there any preventative measures?

I use vision v2 in my water. I read somewhere once that it's supposed to help cut through snail trails. Not sure how much of a difference it really makes but it does leave the windows extra shiny.

same here buddy , bloody pain in the neck, don't see the point in having plants around your window , they only end up taking over the thing , hope there's a faster method to remove em

Downstairs if really bad I put a very damp microfibre over them first. Brings them off real quick, then wfp
Just a thought, if WFP brushes struggle with snail trails, how much dirt do the brushes leave on the glass?

Not aimed at you specifically Mark.

Just a thought, if WFP brushes struggle with snail trails, how much dirt do the brushes leave on the glass?
Yeah but in fairness a snails trail is probably oil based and requires agitation of a different sort. I don't think I'll go back to traditional cleaning because of it lol.

I recently removed the shell from my racing snail as I thought it would make it faster.

If anything, it was more sluggish /emoticons/biggrin.png

Of the brushes the flocked do seem to do a better job on snail trails. Mind you I have come across some really stubborn ones that even microfibres won't touch. They seem to almost be permanently bonded onto the glass.

Re Vision, (any of the variations) I used it for the better part of a year and though I could tell it was in the water, for me it did absolutely nothing perceivable to improve my work, not on the plastics or the glass and certainly not on removal of snail trails.

I emphasise 'for me' as I know others appear to have had success with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have this issue with my brush. It whips the snail trails off if I press on the glass and use the stiffer middle bristles

Back