Sean murray

Why did you start window cleaning?

I done mines.foundaries.explosives gravediggin...shotblastin n powder coating so lungs are not good lol

Helped out my brother in law in chesterfield wen e done his back...i laughed as thawt wernt a real job...in pub for 12.njust cash...helped out one of his mates businesses n ran it proper...learned a lot...sold my weights bench n bought a wooden set o ladders....scrounged some money for basic set up..few scrims etc...printed off 1000 leaflets n went knocking..took on 2....n went knocking again...been at it 14 year now n more work than i need...done somfin right

Like most of you. Had a career in insurance for 8 years needed more money. Got another job as an engineer for a car manufacturing company. Then had some money when my mum died. Thought if I don't do it now I never would.

Being a JW a mate was selling his round I had the cash - no brainer really haven't looked back work life home life balance is more towards family than a multi national company now. No stress no boss do what we like when we like (or when my wife says so)

Interested to catch up with any other JW's

Matt

I was forced into it nearly 40 years ago part time by my dad as he was a window cleaner, I used to do it during the sch hols. Then when I left sch he said if I don't find myself a job I will have to work with him! I always wanted to be on the lorrys but u couldn't get your licence til u were 21. 5 years of windows til I was 21. I got used to being home early everyday. Still took my HGV test and all these years later I do 3 days on the glass and the odd days driving if I can be bothered. Works for me.

I'm also a JW.....we're slowly taking over the forum haha

Worked with my dad as a roofer since I was 14, started window cleaning part time last year for a bit of extra cash and now getting busier so will have to lower my hours with dad.

Started trad but wasn't long till I moved to wfp after reading loads on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked in as an IT contractor... IBM. Zurich Insurance. Vodafone. Mars...

In 2005 I was contracting for Mars on a 3 month rolling contract... I had been thinking of giving up IT and starting window cleaning... When my contract came up for renewal in September 2005 I turned it down... I left with 2 months money behind me and started up window cleaning from scratch. I remember the winter of 2005 / 2006 canvassing like crazy in the freezing cold... Using a pure freedom trolley in the back of an old K reg Transit that didn't like starting much :)

Went to uni and got a degree in economics. I started working in corporate finance in Mayfair and hated it so I decided to train as a chartered accountant with a company ranked in the good employer guide (I hated it also). I decided that if I couldnt work for one of the best companies to work for then I should start my own business where I wouldn't have to work ridiculous hours and deal with obnoxious managers.

My in-laws ran a cleaning company so I worked for them as a window cleaner to learn the ropes and built my customer base by working on weekends. I saved up and bought my own Van and WFP setup about 6 months ago; no regrets at all and I'm very happy with my outdoor life and not being cooped up in an office getting fat!