Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardening work etc .

All Round Cleaning

Today whilst flyering got asked if i do gardening and said no ! Is it something i should consider whilst building up my round ? She even asked if i could put the numbers on her wall lol .

Some people just cant be bothered can they , whats everyone else reckon should i give it a shot or just pass the job onto someone else ?

Well its easy you should consentrate 100% on your windows

but saying that i worked with a company last year who had 2 weeks of gardening and 2 weeks of windows he said he likes the change and we was flat out from march onwards lol

but to do gardening proper is expensive petrol things brake ect ect more

i dont see anything wrong with doing a few gardens if you need the cash and the jobs come around easy but i wouldnt go looking for a strimming round myself

if you really need some stable income mate look at cleaning jobs 10-12hrs a week youll get £70-80 a week then and you can do the windows after that ull prob only work 1-2 hrs a day and its easy money and stable

iv had a cleaning job from 6 am till 7 am and seen a load advertised for that even did 5am till 7 before

most are earl coz thay rather you do a it before thay come to work

onestly iv got a paye job mate work 7am till 11am then get on the windows when i'm busy i'm stupidly busy but got 3 afternoons free this week so haveing a bit of down time but still worked 5am till 1 today so am a weee bit tired lol

but everyone's diffrant i dont like doing anything bar doing windows even gutters i hate lol id just rather not do them but it comes with the job so just get on and do it lol

I would focus mainly on windows, but nothing wrong with a bit of add on work if you want it.

I only do windows, but just finished my day today with 2 gutter cleans, and one of them wanted a tiny bit of hedge trimmed and something stuck up on the wall. You may aswell do it while you're there- extra money & customer is happy.

ive got a landscape business and let me tell you when its good it good and when it bad its sh1t lol,can make tons of cash in the summer but winter is dead most of the time,at some point im thinking of going pure windy as money comes fast and is you pick up work better than any other job.

plus theres alot of so called landscapers that set up and do stuff cheap as chips so you have some comp.

id so do it but do it as a weekend thing money for old rope;)

Wierd, I've been asked to do a garden today and I got the time so thinking about it. Bloke only wants overgrown grass cutting down and mowing then mowing bi-weekly through summer and his landlords willing to pay well. I say while ya rounds building up every little helps and ya can always jack it in later.

if your good at diy, why not, it will all be little cash in hand jobs, a lot of people need help with daft little jobs

You may aswell Gav get you a few extra quid and keep you busy. I get asked all the time about doing different things, I wouldn't do anything I wouldn't feel confident of doing a good job but most the time I'd take the opportunity.. Or if I didn't have time I'd just pay someone else to do it and still make a few quid too lol

I wouldnt ever do gardening.

Am a window cleaner, not a gardener.... 100% focus on windows /emoticons/biggrin.png

If you are going to gardening you may aswell be a handyman at the same time, a few people clean windows they paint & decorate aswell as gardening, i just think its to much and i would rather concentrate on 1 project (windows) and earn a good living from this.

At the end of the day:

1) Do you need the extra work right NOW? (you can bin it off or rent out the work you've built up as/when you decide the answer is 'no')

2) Have you got the equipment to do a decent and safe job?

Money is money... The first day of canvassing I did for windows I got a customer who wanted his massive lawn cutting and around said 'yeah But it'll be £15 an hour...' he didnt bat an eyelid. i have the equipment at home for my personal use so no start up cost. Easy enough £90 on a day where I dont have work or I take holiday time from my PAYE job.

Do it.

I would, ive done loads of handy man jobs for a few customers.

I made around £250 in total from window cleaning, around £500 altogethor, doing odd jobs for people, thats around £250 extra just for doing odd jobs!

At the end of the day:

1) Do you need the extra work right NOW? (you can bin it off or rent out the work you've built up as/when you decide the answer is 'no')

2) Have you got the equipment to do a decent and safe job?

Money is money... The first day of canvassing I did for windows I got a customer who wanted his massive lawn cutting and around said 'yeah But it'll be £15 an hour...' he didnt bat an eyelid. i have the equipment at home for my personal use so no start up cost. Easy enough £90 on a day where I dont have work or I take holiday time from my PAYE job.

Do it.
My sentiments exactly, I've got the gear at home and I take the stuff to do my mums regular anyway so can do it at same time every fort***ht for £15 and hour or so. Looks like they gonna pay me £150 for the initial clearing up but reckon I'll get it done in a day so not a bad little earner and yeah I'll only do the one I've been offered because I need the cash right now.

I passed them on as i know my mates dad is just starting out doing gardening etc so gave him the details as no doubt he will return the favour .

But i think if i get offered any more i may just do them as you say money is money and can build a little side line business up aswell .

thats rite gav just do it if you need it simple it cost me over 2k in tools for landscaping all i use is stihl tools the best but cost the earth.

Back