Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Intermittent fault with backpack

Clisty1989

Using my backpack today on a fsg clean, all good to start with. Turned it off to move it and when I turned it back on all I had was a high pitched whine. Adjusting the flow just changed the volume of the whine, so turned it off and back on and all was fine. Since then its done it half a dozen times, so opened it up to see if there was a loose connection but couldn't find one. I've also checked the fuse and that's good. It did it when it was opened up and sounds like on a low flow rate its in he controller but as I turn it up the whine seems to move towards the pump?!? Also the volt meter on the side drops to 0 when its whining. Any ideas?? Its a water genie backpack that's about 4 months old, but is used a lot any help would be great, if its FUBAR then its under warranty, and may have to crack out the trad tools again until its resolved.

I've had these problems the build quality of these Kobold backpacks is poor, we need someone to make quality equipment for professional cleaners.

Should have got a gardiners..never known them to miss a beat

But yes i agree someone needs to actually design one for our job not just rebrand crop sprayers from China

Just spoke to the cleaning warehouse and they asked me to send it back and they'll repair/replace it and it'll be back with me within 3 days. Got some 3 storey work Friday and an fsg job Saturday so said I'd send it off next week. Fair play no trying to get me to pay to fix it, no argument's. Shame I'll be without it for a couple days but tbh I enjoy a bit of tradding

Back