Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scraper for gardiner pole?

javatomic

Hey guys, so ive just bought a "Super-Scraper" from gardiner, the type 1 for plastic goosenecks, I noticed it doesn't work well getting things like paint specks and really anything worse than bird ****, has anyone used the type 2 for carbon/aluminium goosenecks and is that good for getting paint off?

If not does anyone know of any scrapers I can attach to my gardiner pole (CLX-27) that would work on tougher stuff? thanks /emoticons/smile.png

I use the scraper good for insect **** and baked on Shiite, no good for paint going need a good sharp steel blade for paint.

I use the scraper good for insect **** and baked on Shiite, no good for paint going need a good sharp steel blade for paint.
Great.. wouldn't happen to know where I could buy one for my pole would ya? /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have one of those, tbh I dont think I would use the scrapper on the pole would worry about scratching the window. If possible and not a hard to reach window would use the ladders and scrape by hand.

Even after over 25 years doing this i would be reluctant to use a scraper on a pole

It is too risky imo

How you doing @Den?

Not had a chat for a while

Good Daveyboy, things still picking up happy with the customers I have got, weeded out a few bad one, going to implement the traffic light system in the next six months and as always still learning and making mistakes lol.

Well you have kept my right along with the forum members, helped me no end and really appreicated hive of info on here long may it continue.

That is what rhe forum is for mate

Yes there is a lot of people telling porkie pies and chatting **** but on the whole we are here to help each other out

Hey guys, so ive just bought a "Super-Scraper" from gardiner, the type 1 for plastic goosenecks, I noticed it doesn't work well getting things like paint specks and really anything worse than bird ****, has anyone used the type 2 for carbon/aluminium goosenecks and is that good for getting paint off?
If not does anyone know of any scrapers I can attach to my gardiner pole (CLX-27) that would work on tougher stuff? thanks /emoticons/smile.png
Hi Rory

The Super-Scraper is not really suitable for getting off paint or builders residue from glass. It is advertised for use on heavily soiled glass - which we would class as bird or bee deposits etc.

The Type1 and Type2 are exactly the same blade edge just for different goosenecks.

Many traditional window cleaning firms sell metal blade scrapers that push-fit on to a standard extension pole. This option may work for you - Unger ErgoTec Scraper 10cm you could then push fit this on to an extension pole such as - Window Cleaning Tools - Ladders and Poles - Extension Poles - Unger OPTILOC Pole 120-900cm - Wintecs Window Cleaning Tools Supplies and Equipment

Regards

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those, tbh I dont think I would use the scrapper on the pole would worry about scratching the window. If possible and not a hard to reach window would use the ladders and scrape by hand.
guess I wont be using that then haha, unfortunately its a second story window on regular house so I cant reach with ladder anyway, my problem is ive got a house due aswell that's got some sort of celetape residue all over the edges of windows, most likely painters or something, hopefully my scraper will do the job but still unsure.

Hi Rory
The Super-Scraper is not really suitable for getting off paint or builders residue from glass. It is advertised for use on heavily soiled glass - which we would class as bird or bee deposits etc.

The Type1 and Type2 are exactly the same blade edge just for different goosenecks.

Many traditional window cleaning firms sell metal blade scrapers that push-fit on to a standard extension pole. This option may work for you - Unger ErgoTec Scraper 10cm you could then push fit this on to an extension pole such as - Window Cleaning Tools - Ladders and Poles - Extension Poles - Unger OPTILOC Pole 120-900cm - Wintecs Window Cleaning Tools Supplies and Equipment

Regards

Alex
Thanks Alex, was just about to put a post on here with what you emailed me about haha, appreciate the help /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back