Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4th Day using Liquidator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chimeara

Well 4 days in and i have to admit to a complete turnaround, I am starting to really like the liquidator. Tbh by day 2 i was starting to get more comfortable with it. Day 3 had to turn the rubber round. but it worked pretty well straight off. End of day 4 still on the same rubber. So thanks to all who replied to my original post. I never really got to the bottom of what all the leaving lines and soap marks was all about. I can only assume that with only ever using Unger up until now, that it was a bit of a learning curve.

It is down to the angle of the blade on the glass i found

Once you get used to how close to the glass you need to have your hand to get the right angle then it solves the problem

I don't remember who found it but @Eric Gilliand suggested having a 25° handle and set his liquidator handle to 25° then bonded it so it doesn’t adjust and that works well..also i did the same with my wag handle i used to use with liquidator channel and it was perfect

I tend to use the excelerator at 25° by hand for this reason and it seems the best angle..or have the 45° standard handle slightly closer to the glass which has the same effect

No lines at all now. I think Daveyboy is correct about the angle, i am not sure what angle i am at but my hand is almost touching the glass.

It is down to the angle of the blade on the glass i foundOnce you get used to how close to the glass you need to have your hand to get the right angle then it solves the problem

I don't remember who found it but @Eric Gilliand suggested having a 25° handle and set his liquidator handle to 25° then bonded it so it doesn’t adjust and that works well..also i did the same with my wag handle i used to use with liquidator channel and it was perfect

I tend to use the excelerator at 25° by hand for this reason and it seems the best angle..or have the 45° standard handle slightly closer to the glass which has the same effect
It was of course Herman who discovered and promoted the shallower angle on the Wagtail handles and with gritted teeth and much scepticism I got out the Heat gun and tried it. Magical angle. The relationship between hand wrist and forearm is ergonomically better and hand /handle is further away from the glass. Then when Bob was testing the early Excel' prototypes he discovered the same thing with fixed handle. I immediately found a vice and straightened the bicomponent, yep same old magic. Set and glued the black plastic one at 25 and as soon as I received the final production model of the Excel' I did the same to my prototype which I now use bare with 12" channel. With my pristine Excelerator I use 40° on pole on higher windows if pad is on top. Pad mounted under 25° For pole and in hand. On my short PVC pole I use 10°. These angle changes on Excelerator must not be underestimated. much more useful to me than the pivot lock out which I rarely use.

It was of course Herman who discovered and promoted the shallower angle on the Wagtail handles and with gritted teeth and much scepticism I got out the Heat gun and tried it. Magical angle. The relationship between hand wrist and forearm is ergonomically better and hand /handle is further away from the glass. Then when Bob was testing the early Excel' prototypes he discovered the same thing with fixed handle. I immediately found a vice and straightened the bicomponent, yep same old magic. Set and glued the black plastic one at 25 and as soon as I received the final production model of the Excel' I did the same to my prototype which I now use bare with 12" channel. With my pristine Excelerator I use 40° on pole on higher windows if pad is on top. Pad mounted under 25° For pole and in hand. On my short PVC pole I use 10°. These angle changes on Excelerator must not be underestimated. much more useful to me than the pivot lock out which I rarely use.
I agree with all the above. but strangely, my old Wag looking a bit sorry for itself, persuaded me to replace it. I had the new Wag handle and a new liquidator channel, but out of curiosity thought I'd try it before bending the handle, and it work straight off and has done since. I even fixed the channel with the screw, which was something I'd never done before. I noticed though, that it only works with a Moerman rubber, when before I could interchange with Unger soft.

Back