Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transfering water

paul1

Hi guys I have a clark sub pump to transfer water but wondered if it was possible to have hose on avreel connected to my static tank in garden with a petrol pump type handle fitted so just reel out and pump like a petrol handle etc etc? Thought id seen something once but may be wrong lol

If so where can I get links appreciated. Cheers guys..

It looks like 1" hose will push onto the hose barb on the nozzle. You will need a hose clamp/jubilee clamp to secure it tight. Usually best to put the end of the hose in boiling water to soften it before pushing it onto the nozzle.

What hose connectors you need for the other end is how you design your hose reel system.

We don't have a hose reel but I'm sure it would make life a little easier if we did. We have a transfer pump that is housed in a cupboard above the IBC tank. When It breaks it will be replaced by a submersible pump. From the pump we have a length of 1" transfer hose which reaches to the garage door. We hook the end up higher than the level of the water in the IBC tank.

We have a 1" female to 1" hose barb on the end of that.

HOSETAIL CONNECTOR FITTING BARBED FEMALE BSP PLASTIC POND POOL HOSE PIPE ADAPTOR | eBay

We then have another 10m length of 1" transfer hose which we uncoil everytime we need it. It has one of those in one end and one of these on the other end.

HOSETAIL CONNECTOR FITTING BARBED MALE BSP PLASTIC POND POOL HOSE PIPE ADAPTOR | eBay

I also have another length that I can add to the 10 meter length with the same fittings. This means I can fill the van up the the street if I have to. I did this when our water supply pipes were being relined a few years ago and we couldn't get access to our drive way.

All our transfer hose, fittings and transfer pump all came from Machine Mart which has a branch fairly local to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back