Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High Level Sills

DannyWCSNorthampton

Hi all

What is the best way to clean the sills at height using a water fed pole? My customers are happy with the clean but are starting to pick up on the sills not getting done, any tips to getting them up or is it just one of life's little mysteries. Thanks in advance

Danny

As above. Standard brushes can have a tendency to 'glide' over sills so don't scrub the dirt I.m.o.

When I switched over to sill brushes, I was amazed how much extra sh*t flew off the sills /emoticons/smile.png

Hate to sound dumb, but are you guys using a sill brush on the whole window or putting an extra pole up with sill brush on after ?

use a swivel neck, twist the pole and the angle of the brush will face flush with the sill. You can also do this on skylights no need to collapse the pole down if your at ground level just twist the the pole so the brush is sideways on to the skylight simples.

End of the day. Cleaning upstairs sills is guesswork with wfp. I just scrub very well on the first clean then on maintenance cleans 2-3:quick scrubs with the water on and 1 with it off seems to do the trick. Or at least no one complains, well maybe once or twice they have but u can't see up there so what do they expect lol

End of the day. Cleaning upstairs sills is guesswork with wfp. I just scrub very well on the first clean then on maintenance cleans 2-3:quick scrubs with the water on and 1 with it off seems to do the trick. Or at least no one complains, well maybe once or twice they have but u can't see up there so what do they expect lol

And yes I only use a sill brush also. Since I tried one I see no reason to use anything else. Great on gutters, conny roofs and sills. I find they take some hammer as well mines lasted ages

If there a satelite dish above or nest.or owt where birds perch n sh!t...i just clean as normal...alway use a sill brush..sofyer flockin for frames n goes over glass easier me finks...that nust me tho

I works on me own all day n often talk to meself...anyfin to brighten the day...n wen a custy brings out 2 cups tea as talkin to mesen n not a labourer...priceless

Funny, I haven't found a sill brush I can work with yet. On the sills they're fine but I hate them on the glass. Normally I just lift the pole to angle the brush bristles down a bit and if that doesn't give a finish the customer is happy with I adjust the angle adapter to face the brush down. That normally does the jobby.

Back